Air bag light

Andy Ellis

Hi, Had airbag light on (03 Leon 1.8t) it said passenger crash sensor. Where can i find it please.

wardyworld

Mar 18, 2014
Hi, Had airbag light on (03 Leon 1.8t) it said passenger crash sensor. Where can i find it please.

It's under your passenger seat. Seat out, lift carpet and replace.

They are 163 quid from seat - so start looking in scrappies! You'll need vag com / vcds to identify the correct sensor - there is a hidden 3 character field at the end of the part number - vag com / vcds can tell you what this is, or ring seat and give them your reg - if they're friendly they might tell you the hidden code bit.

My drivers side one went so I bought a new one - had this fail in conjunction with leaky doors, so I think water ingress has killed my sensor - check if your carpet is wet in footwells front and rear passenger side...

Andy Ellis

Thank you, and yes I had to reseal door liners about 6 months go

ollygt4

Instead of buying a new part. Remove the passenger seat, locate the yellow faulty connector and cut and solder the wires back together again. then use a scanner and remove the fault code. The problem will never return

Andy Ellis

Cheers Olly , removed fault code and hasn't come back since.

mattygreen

Feb 22, 2014
Kettering
Have just had air bag light come up on my lcr, same sensor :( taken seat out and located sensor.. However fail to see how cutting and soldering wires back together will cure issue? The yellow connector clips into the black sensor itself.. Tested sensor and has no continuity... Guessing black sensor itslef is goosed? Tried clearing with scanner and doesn't work.

ollygt4

Hi Matty

Normally the error code is caused by a bad connection at the yellow connector. cutting this out and soldering the wires back together normally removes this problem.

marts66

It's under your passenger seat. Seat out, lift carpet and replace.

They are 163 quid from seat - so start looking in scrappies! You'll need vag com / vcds to identify the correct sensor - there is a hidden 3 character field at the end of the part number - vag com / vcds can tell you what this is, or ring seat and give them your reg - if they're friendly they might tell you the hidden code bit.

My drivers side one went so I bought a new one - had this fail in conjunction with leaky doors, so I think water ingress has killed my sensor - check if your carpet is wet in footwells front and rear passenger side...

Much cheaper from Dave at Sere motors, he sorted me one for 135 :)

ollygt4

That's correct remove the yellow connector completely and then re-connect the wires back together again

mattygreen

Feb 22, 2014
Kettering
If I was to get another black sensor with different code to what's on mine would it be compatible? Is one for sale on forum for 10 quid, just has different code to what's on mine?

marts66

If I was to get another black sensor with different code to what's on mine would it be compatible? Is one for sale on forum for 10 quid, just has different code to what's on mine?

I tried sensors which weren't 'coded' to the car. Light still on, you need the right one for the car mate.

mattygreen

Feb 22, 2014
Kettering
Managed to get a sensor from a forum member for £12 posted, swapped over today, cleared codes and air bag light is now off - happy man :)

rmurphy16

Aug 8, 2014
Could I ask what the "black" sensor is as been looking at mine today and there is only the yellow block connector

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.