6 Dial Cluster replacement

johnny_M

Hot-Rod !
All, I have the dreaded 2003 tdi sport cluster problem, I have repaired it but the outside temperature isn't accurate, and have lost the odometer ( I know it is an easy fix but want to get it fixed in one go)

Now I need the definitive answer -

Can I use a FR cluster from a 2008 car Petrol or Diesel

as long as I have access to vcds and VagTacho .....

This will work......

Thanks for your help.

Mar 19, 2010
it can be done using a fr dash so i believe, bondi blu on here knew how to do it! im still yet to do mine, still waiting on my cousin to do it for me

May 21, 2009
I'm getting a new cluster in this next week, it is a facelift tdi fr clock mileage on the clocks read 88k as far as I'm aware

May 21, 2009
I've bought them for the cupra face going to whip my fr dial face off and fit he cupra ones to mine as well as doing the white led conversion

Last edited:

TDiPat

Dec 23, 2013
Ireland
Could this be to do with your outside temperature sensor? (located near the front bumper so I believe) Does your outside temp show on your climate control screen too?

TDiPat

Dec 23, 2013
Ireland
I know what you mean, fist half takes weeks to go down, then the second half of the gauge, you'd think there was a leak lol.

glenpring

Feb 26, 2014
If you put a second hand speedo in do you need to have anything coded or is it just plug and play?

Moreiratdi

What do you use to be coded?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Mar 19, 2010
Tried doing it again this week, followed the guide above and the one of Ross tech but kept saying error everytime it was tried to finalize. Anyone got any ideas why?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.