AFS Error

chasFR

Sep 26, 2012
Cardiff, Wales
Hi guys just curious about problem i have this morning i started my car and a error came up on dash flashing bulb saying AFS check manual No Bend Lighting ive read somewhere online about a VW GOLF having the same issue due to heavy rain downpour one of my headlights are clear but the other has a lot of condensation inside any one had the same problem will i have to replace D2s bulb its still under warranty but if i can do it myself id rather do that saves messing about with seat garage thanks

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
If it's full of condensation then it sounds like it's not sealed properly. So even if you change the bulb it will still be condensated (they're D1S not D2S). I think you'd be best taking it to a dealer, you may get a new headlight. Also, bulbs should be changed in pairs otherwise it's pretty likely they'll be different colours :)

alesi27

My other car's a Mustang!
May 2, 2009
Cork, Ireland.
I just got this message as well the other day. We've had a few heavy showers the week before but there is no sign of condensation in either light. I've been driving around all week with lights on and still no joy. Left headlight is moving normally on start up self-check, right just goes down and up but lags behind the left by a half second. Dreading what this could cost me. No warranty here, car is 4 years old. Any ideas?

chasFR

Sep 26, 2012
Cardiff, Wales
How you doing m8 i managed to stop this error after racking my brain for weeks have a look at your foglights when i had my lights on auto when i turned a corner it used to pop up on the screen afs no binding all i did was took the fog light panels off unplugged both fogs from the leads and put them back on never had the error pop up anymore maybe buy new hb4 bulbs

alesi27

My other car's a Mustang!
May 2, 2009
Cork, Ireland.
It's not just the error. The right hand light is turning in to the centre on self check but not moving back out, just stays there. Left hand light does self check normally. Need to get this done soon. Any ideas?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.