My Silver K1 & Track 172 Cup

Danny-

Jan 2, 2013
Peterborough, Uk
Wow what a thread...
Must say you got 2 very nice cars there. The 172 must be one of the best handling hatchbacks ever :) perfect for track :D

Glad you got your K1 back, must of been a proper gutting coming home and finding that.
Did they catch anyone do you know?

have you still got the leon?

Yeah it's still here bud :)

Wow what a thread...
Must say you got 2 very nice cars there. The 172 must be one of the best handling hatchbacks ever :) perfect for track :D

Glad you got your K1 back, must of been a proper gutting coming home and finding that.
Did they catch anyone do you know?

Thanks buddy. 172 is awesome car to thrash about and abuse, takes a lot **** and withstands it which is odd being French lol.

Was gutted about the k1 defo, glad to have it back. Nah they never caught anyone, didn't expect me to tbh they never caught the people who set me Ibiza on fire either lol.

Right little update on the clio. It's In bit of state atm cage is out, seats and dash are all out again, also are the front windows and regulators. Its a right mess so no pics as of yet of the car just a few bits I've ordered :)

Ordered another one of these to keep me warm

One of these to keep me cool :)

Standard heater system weighs far to much.

So does the battery so ordered a Varley Redtop 25 and mounting cage

The radiator isn't in the best of nick so thought I'd risk one of these

Got this to from tweaks to help relocate the battery

Hoses are looking worse for wear too. Turns out forge make a nice set for the little Frenchy

Bit of grip tape

And finially some old fashion Ht leads lol

I've got 2 more parcels to arrive which I can't wait for :) should transform the whole car :)

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
Sorry to hear what happened to the Leon man :(
Hope you get it back to where you liked soon, I had the same issue with a GTI, took me months to feel comfortable in it again.

But that 172 is a piece of art [B)]
I had one with some slight mods and autocrossed the crap out of it till the day it died. They are truly the most fun cars I've ever driven.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Dont blame you with the heating ;) far too heavy haha.
So what are these next parcels? Spill the beans haha.
Youre fairly getting on better with this than what im getting on with mine!
Hows the leon doing? Taking care of daily duties? Any plans for it?

Sorry to hear what happened to the Leon man :(
Hope you get it back to where you liked soon, I had the same issue with a GTI, took me months to feel comfortable in it again.

But that 172 is a piece of art [B)]
I had one with some slight mods and autocrossed the crap out of it till the day it died. They are truly the most fun cars I've ever driven.

Thanks bud, I love the leon but what happened still pisses me off today.

The 172 is awesome fun, I thought I'd miss boost to much going from my Ibiza to the 172 but I really don't lol.
I'm gunna enter the clio in autotest and autosolo eventually lol

Dont blame you with the heating ;) far too heavy haha.
So what are these next parcels? Spill the beans haha.
Youre fairly getting on better with this than what im getting on with mine!
Hows the leon doing? Taking care of daily duties? Any plans for it?

Haha far to heavy :)
1 of my parcels turned up today these little beauty's

:) as its road going thought I'd ruin £224 road slick tyres instead of £550 r888s lol
Probably can guess what the second package is as the tyres are 1inch small than my tyres atm ;)

Bergs putting us both to shame with his track toyo lol. He did a track day last Friday which made me jump into action lol
Leon's doing daily work yeah, no plans at all tbh just enjoy. Lol
What about you? What you cruising in? And when you updating the Ibiza thread?

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Thanks bud, I love the leon but what happened still pisses me off today.

The 172 is awesome fun, I thought I'd miss boost to much going from my Ibiza to the 172 but I really don't lol.
I'm gunna enter the clio in autotest and autosolo eventually lol

Haha far to heavy :)
1 of my parcels turned up today these little beauty's

:) as its road going thought I'd ruin £224 road slick tyres instead of £550 r888s lol
Probably can guess what the second package is as the tyres are 1inch small than my tyres atm ;)

Bergs putting us both to shame with his track toyo lol. He did a track day last Friday which made me jump into action lol
Leon's doing daily work yeah, no plans at all tbh just enjoy. Lol
What about you? What you cruising in? And when you updating the Ibiza thread?

Fairly going to town on it eh! Haha. Let me know how them tyres are, may invest in some when the ibiza finally sees the road again.
What wheels you gone for? Lightweight wheels? Lol.
Hows he getting on with it? Enjoying it? Was that his first track day in it? CTR... Iirc?

Im running about in a mondeo zetec s as a dAily for now lol. Ill stick up some updates when i eventually have something to update. Ive lost my job recently so serious lack of funds until i can get a start elsewhere. But been ripping out any wiring im not using (radio, heaters, door wiring etc) then will get onto putting in the cage.
Going serious with it though :blink: aftermarket management, side mount turbo manifold, digi dash etc. all costs money mate

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Finally some progress Lol.

Looking good, gonna be very light when finished i think

I keep meaning to put some pics up but its been 2 years since i had my ibiza now, people will think ive signed up to the wrong club :lol:

Fairly going to town on it eh! Haha. Let me know how them tyres are, may invest in some when the ibiza finally sees the road again.
What wheels you gone for? Lightweight wheels? Lol.
Hows he getting on with it? Enjoying it? Was that his first track day in it? CTR... Iirc?

Im running about in a mondeo zetec s as a dAily for now lol. Ill stick up some updates when i eventually have something to update. Ive lost my job recently so serious lack of funds until i can get a start elsewhere. But been ripping out any wiring im not using (radio, heaters, door wiring etc) then will get onto putting in the cage.
Going serious with it though :blink: aftermarket management, side mount turbo manifold, digi dash etc. all costs money mate

Yeah will do mate, gone for some speedline wheels, 9.5kg a wheel but can't fitted 197 brembos under em ;)

Cool plan with Ibiza. Next on my list will me standalone, custom loom and digi dash.

How you shortening your loom? Always wondered the best way to do it.

Little update.

K1 passed mot sat morning. Saturday day time I had a wedding to attend so Saturday night about 10.30, I found sometime alone in the garage.

So took the back half of the cage back out

Then removed everything under the scuttle panel along with the radiator, horns and the intake valve.

Found aload more sound Deading so removed all that

Destroyed tht heater box getting that out

All so removed all the brown sound proofing aswell.

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Yeah will do mate, gone for some speedline wheels, 9.5kg a wheel but can't fitted 197 brembos under em ;)

Cool plan with Ibiza. Next on my list will me standalone, custom loom and digi dash.

How you shortening your loom? Always wondered the best way to do it.

Nice... Aftermarket brakes then? Or keeping the standards for now?
I was never gonna go standalone or digidash but i thought stuff it lets go the whole hog :p
Ive actually no idea the best way to go about it, ive just unwrapped all the wiring and started tracing through what im no using and removing it... Hopefully all will be good

I think this weekend ill stick the dash back in for putting the cage in, get it in place and make a start fitting it :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.