Mk1 LCR BAM Stage 2 266bhp!?

DJCupra1992

Dec 20, 2013
Hi guys,

I've got an '04 LCR 225 BAM, I took it to AmD Essex today to get a stage 2 map. They managed to squeeze only 266bhp/284torque out of it.
Mods as follows:
Stage 1, stage 2, milltek 3" dp n decat, milltek cat-back, sfs 3" tip, forge boost hoses, N249 delete, forge 007p, 4bar fpr, ramair foam filter, 82 degree thermostat, powerflex dog bone mount.
Im looking to get an Airtec FMIC next year but I still think that 266bhp isn't stage 2 territory? When I asked the guy who carried out the map why the figures were so low he just said yeah it is low. He couldn't tell me what was wrong with it n didn't seem to really care tbh!?

Any advice? Thanks in advance

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
It is a little low but the fact you don't have a FMIC will be the sole reason why. These turbos get so hot very quickly, this in turn makes the inlet temps higher and the higher those are the less power produced.

DJCupra1992

Dec 20, 2013
Cheers guys, I know I'm in need of a FMIC! It's on the list for next year once I've got the funds. I've replaced all my breather pipes n I've checked them, so I know they're all good! So you guys reckon I'll be pushing 280-290 with a FMIC?

Sean886

May 15, 2014
I personally wouldn't have bothered with a stage W untill I had Fmic'd. What's the point otherwise! It's only 209 squids for Fmic and pipework. You probably payed that for a stage 2(1.5) map!

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Is it the super size TIP? What fuel pump?

A decent mapper would be able to tell you what the problem is. All they've done is take your money and flash a generic map.

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
I got 262bhp and 289lb/ft torque from my stage 1 remap on my LCR At amd so something must be wrong. I've only got badger 5 tip and cone filter everything else is standard.

DJCupra1992

Dec 20, 2013
Its a sfs 3" oversized tip. Standard fuel pump. When I questioned them they just said yeah that is quite low, no explanation n they wouldn't give me one. When I had a stage one it had boost problems which they couldn't fix, turned out the charge pipe to turbo hose was badly frayed, how they missed it I don't know?
When I said that my figures were basically a stage one they really couldn't care less! They told me to put a 4 bar fpr on it (it even says on their website) for a stage two. Got there n then they told me I don't need one!? I really question their abilities..!

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Get it returned to standard, with your money back, and take it to someone who will do a decent job. Have a read of R - Tech ' s website that provides all the tuning and modifications advice you will need for stage 1 and stage 2

Pablo225

Nov 21, 2013
Lots of people say good things about AMD so I'm surprised by that. Maybe the guy was having a sh*t day, not that that's your fault obviously.

It's impossible for them not to know the fmic would effect things...

DJCupra1992

Dec 20, 2013
Well that's why I went to AmD due to good reviews. It's just frustrating to say the least that they wouldn't tell me anything or try to explain why my figures were so low. They're supposed to be the experts! When I went in for a stage one a few months ago they told me I had a boost problem, they changed all my sensors only to find they didn't make a difference so they fitted my old ones again. A day or so later my charge pipe to turbo elbow hose blew n it was Donald ducked! How they didn't see it I'll never know? Also turned out I had low oil which they didn't stop either!

Dan FR you reckon amd will put mine back to standard with a full refund?!?

VAGmanFAT

Aug 21, 2014
www.facebook.com
262 is very low for a stage 2 map.

No FMIC will cause a massive loss in power but you could also have issues elsewhere. Did they do a full check prior to mapping?

As said above any air leaks will cause a drop in power as will a faulty actuator, waste gate or even dirty injectors and apart plugs.

I'm currently running a stage 2 map on my TT without a FMIC and running 280bhp.

DJCupra1992

Dec 20, 2013
I know I should've checked my oil, but at the same time they mapped it anyway without telling me.

I know I could have faults elsewhere, but I just don't understand why they couldn't tell me there could be other faults or what they could be.. He weren't willing to explain anything at all, asked him multiple times n they changed the subject to my suspension n others aspects of the car bar the map!

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Hi mate. I got a lcr with a revo stage 2 map and I am still on the normal side mount intercoolers. I got 267bhp on my local rollers so I wouldnt be surprised if yours is about right. I have got no running issues with the car and 99% sure I have no boost leaks. I think a fmic would get you the power you would like and amd should of told you this. My local tuning place said that I would be up round 280 if I had fmic but I aint bothered cus my torque figure is very high and torque is what you feel on the road.

DJCupra1992

Dec 20, 2013
Oh right, well that makes me feel a lot better. I did have a gander on the Revo website, n it says stage two is 250-275bhp depending on personal modification list. I'm looking to get an Airtec FMIC in March so should have my figures then!

If I'm running a bosch 4 bar fpr would you guys recommend an uprated fuel pump?

Adam4D

Oct 2, 2011
peterborough/cambridgeshire
Rollers could be under reading, too many variables to say for sure where the problem is, Log the car and post them up people can advise you better before you bad mouth AMD any more.

Also if you signed a disclaimer form like most rolling roads make you do, then its the owner that needs to ensure the car is fit to be run on the rolling road, lack of oil is your fault and should of been checked before hand.

End of the day you paid for a generic remap and rolling road graph to see how the car took the remap and that's what you got.
Not a remap, rolling road and then full health check/diagnostic check/repair.

I had the same problem with local guy who had a custom Jabba map session.
He was spouting **** left right n centre about jabba being crap. but end of the day you pay them to tune the car in the state is it supplied. All because he was given back a car with low power and running lean and a list of what could be wrong with the car and that was it, they did their best with what they was supplied.

As said post up some simple vagcom logs and people can see if there is anything obviously wrong.

DJCupra1992

Dec 20, 2013
I was never asked to sign a disclaimer form for either map.

When I was talking to guy bout the maps, he said its a generic map which is then tailored to the vehicle, which in his words, a custom map.

I will try and get some VAGCOM logs as soon as I can.

I'll try n find a more local garage with a rolling road n see what figures they come up with.