Replacement Wing Mirror

pops1368

Aug 23, 2009
Hi,

I have a 2009 mk5 Seat Ibiza. Today some kind citizen decided to knock off my near side wing mirror. Having had my mate check it, I was advised I need a new unit.

Seat Manchester quoted £117.05
Sere quoted £102.50

David from Sere suggested looking in eBay, which I did and found the whole unit for £51.89. However, this is an after market one and as I've never bought any after market products, was wondering if fitting the above will be okay or have any issues??

Thanks in advance.

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
Looks ok. Can't really tell till you're holding it in your hand right enough. Probably worth a punt! You sure yours isn't heated - or you not bothered even if it is.

pops1368

Aug 23, 2009
Cheers mate. I have no idea if they're heated, I'm assuming they're not. I know in winter they don't defrost unless I scrape the ice off. Gonna take a punt, as the saying goes nothing ventured, nothing gain.

Thanks once again

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Cheers mate. I have no idea if they're heated, I'm assuming they're not. I know in winter they don't defrost unless I scrape the ice off. Gonna take a punt, as the saying goes nothing ventured, nothing gain.

Thanks once again

Have a look at the mirror adjuster button on the door.

In the middle at the top - is there a small heater symbol ?

The adjuster must be pointing at this for the heated mirrors to work.
they come on with the heated rear window switch.

pops1368

Aug 23, 2009
Quick update:

Received the unit this morning and it was the exact replica if the original one. Just fitted the unit myself, very simple it was just the one bolt. Only difficult part was the plastic case on the rear of the unit.

mpk490p

Oct 19, 2014
its just one bolt to remove the whole mirror?
is it the one you can see when you twist it?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.