Wrap or spray?!

SexySeat

Oct 28, 2012
York
Hi guys would like some opinions please!

I've decided after the new year that i'm gonna start doing up my FR :)

After having previously owning a pink Golf i've decided i'd love to make my baby Leon pink too :p

Whats your thoughts on the difference between paint and wrapping? apart from the price of course..

Also a few other things i'll be doing are exhaust, possibly a small spoiler and a different grill.. I'm thinking respray the alloys black and wheel calipers will have to be changed as they are green.. I'm thinking they should be pink too or do you think that'll be too much?

As soon as i remember how to attach pics i will add them but i have done previous posts with pics if i can't work it out lol

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
I don't have any wrap but I would consider that first as it can always be removed if you don't like it or want to change it. The same applies if you come to sell it as pink will limit your resale market and possibly the value so you might have to take it off. Plus with wrap you have the added benefit of seeing the exact colour before it goes on your car.

Last edited:

SexySeat

Oct 28, 2012
York
How do i get a pic from my laptop gallery on guys? it just asks for the URL but obviously there isn't one if its saved to the lappy

SexySeat

Oct 28, 2012
York
album.php

SexySeat

Oct 28, 2012
York
I don't have any wrap but I would consider that first as it can always be removed if you don't like it or want to change it. The same applies if you come to sell it as pink will limit your resale market and possibly the value so you might have to take it off. Plus with wrap you have the added benefit of seeing the exact colour before it goes on your car.

Based on the fact that currectly the car has green squares on the bonnet i'm not confinced that the market is more limited when its pink then what it is now anyway so it could go either way..

My pink Golf didn't take long to sell but was old so wouldn't have fetched much either way!

How likely is the wrapping to damage the paint work underneath? i guess i could just remove it if there was a problem selling

Danny-

Jan 2, 2013
Peterborough, Uk
Wrapping wont damage the paint if its done properly. :)
I would wrap just a section first so you have the right colour and you can see.

They at least you know if you wanted to paint it. its the right colour.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.