Rattle when decelerating

steven194

Sep 26, 2012
03 Ibiza 1.2
rattle starts when I take my foot off the accelerator but stops if I push down the clutch or accelerate rapidly, seems to rattle at a steady pace but gets faster as I go faster.
any ideas? also this is my first car and I don't know much about them, so any info on how to check these things would be nice too.

steven194

Sep 26, 2012
Any clue as to where it sounds like it's from? If engine area, could be rattly timing chain, not uncommon on 1.2s but needs looked at.
sounds more like the bottom of the car, and if it was that wouldnt it be rattling on idle and even when the clutch is pressed? only rattles when in gear

pandamin

Sep 1, 2014
Bucks
My 1.8T FR is making a popping /tapping sounds when I take my foot off the accelerator and sometimes when I change gear. But not in neutral when I rev and not in 5 th. Random wonder if it's a similar problem.

dangerdan

Mar 17, 2014
Nr Maidstone Kent
Going a completely different direction, my Cupra rattles when idling when I searched I found a rubber bung missing from the air filter box. Although the rattling noise was quite obviously not mechanical - might help?