Best remapping company? Suggestions welcome

kyleb123

Mar 12, 2014
What inch would you recommend to change the downpipe to? Don't want anything that'll make my ears bleed.
I have a good idea on how I would like the delivery, like you say clutch friendly mainly. Not right bothered about peak figures as long as it makes a substantial difference in acceleration.
Ideally would like the torque below 300Ib/ft . I am however quite tempted by the hard cut limiter for fun purposes. Isit worth the extra £50?

Whats mods have you done to your PD150 Adam4D?

Adam4D

Oct 2, 2011
peterborough/cambridgeshire
Mot doesn't have any rules for static reving, obviously working on audis all day and doing Mot's the newer engines only rev to 2500rpm and blow zero emissions, if we don't have the rpm tool connected the tester doesn't think we even rev'd the car lol

It's pretty simple to implement too, just use launch control below 3kph.
takes a couple of flashes to get it dialed in but it's good once done, you can boost .6 bar and with little fuel it's a cheeky pass everytime no matter how smokey the mapping can be

Adam4D

Oct 2, 2011
I've only got a s2000 airfield and mufflerectomy, looking at a downpipe but dunno if I can be bothered as my weekend toy is loud enough I like a week of peaceful driving lol

£50 for a hard cut limiter is crazy mate, it takes 2mins 40sexonds to flash the ecu and about 2minutes to add hard cut. If that's worth £50 I'm shocked.

Literally all you need to do for hard cut is hold max IQ at the rpm you want the cut to occur and then make the torque limiter rpm axis values 5000rpm then 5001rpm. The larger the gap the slower the bounce "limiter". Obviously that's an example for 5000rpm cut.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
What inch would you recommend to change the downpipe to? Don't want anything that'll make my ears bleed.
I have a good idea on how I would like the delivery, like you say clutch friendly mainly. Not right bothered about peak figures as long as it makes a substantial difference in acceleration.
Ideally would like the torque below 300Ib/ft . I am however quite tempted by the hard cut limiter for fun purposes. Isit worth the extra £50?

Whats mods have you done to your PD150 Adam4D?

Any branded one should be fine, i think most are 2.5"? Pretty sure the stndard one is less than 2" in places. Keep a silencer or 2 and it'll still be plenty quiet enough.

300lb/ft is a nice numer for a stock clutch.

Hardcut limiter certainly isn't worth £50. If you had the means to read/write map to the car i'd do it for free! £50 is a complete rip-off for what takes a few seconds to do.

Mot doesn't have any rules for static reving, obviously working on audis all day and doing Mot's the newer engines only rev to 2500rpm and blow zero emissions, if we don't have the rpm tool connected the tester doesn't think we even rev'd the car lol

It's pretty simple to implement too, just use launch control below 3kph.
takes a couple of flashes to get it dialed in but it's good once done, you can boost .6 bar and with little fuel it's a cheeky pass everytime no matter how smokey the mapping can be

Almost like a second map for MOT testing ;)

Half a bar can be made by 2k rpm and is ample for launching - stock clutch doesnt like it much though.

I've only got a s2000 airfield and mufflerectomy, looking at a downpipe but dunno if I can be bothered as my weekend toy is loud enough I like a week of peaceful driving lol

£50 for a hard cut limiter is crazy mate, it takes 2mins 40sexonds to flash the ecu and about 2minutes to add hard cut. If that's worth £50 I'm shocked.

Literally all you need to do for hard cut is hold max IQ at the rpm you want the cut to occur and then make the torque limiter rpm axis values 5000rpm then 5001rpm. The larger the gap the slower the bounce "limiter". Obviously that's an example for 5000rpm cut.

That is a hardcut limiter, it is'nt the 'popcorn' limiter. Even at 1rpm intervals it doesnt bounce/pop anywhere near as quickly as it could. Popcorn is similar but has nothing to do with the Torque or Smoke limiters and sounds awesome with a loud exhaust

Last edited:

Adam4D

Oct 2, 2011
Playing safe with my clutch lol so I don't launch it much, found that with +4 degrees duration over standard the amount of % in the n75 mapping was huge and I couldn't stop it boost creeping at 2500to 4500rpm. I maxed the n75 map out too. Maybe if I messed with the n75 limits map it may work but it's going away from a simple tune, no doubt if you could stop it overboosting that it would pull a very good torque figure

kyleb123

Mar 12, 2014
That's what Darkide are charging as an add on, same for LC.
Might see what the hardcut is like, if I like it try get it added on later at a local tuner for a cheaper price.

Wouldn't mind launch control but can't see my clutch liking it too much

Adam4D

Oct 2, 2011
That is a hardcut limiter, it is'nt the 'popcorn' limiter. Even at 1rpm intervals it doesnt bounce/pop anywhere near as quickly as it could. Popcorn is similar but has nothing to do with the Torque or Smoke limiters and sounds awesome with a loud exhaust

So use launch control map then?

Fancy sending pm with a picture of the popcorn setup?

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
That's what Darkide are charging as an add on, same for LC.
Might see what the hardcut is like, if I like it try get it added on later at a local tuner for a cheaper price.

Wouldn't mind launch control but can't see my clutch liking it too much

Buy yourself an MPPS cable after you have it mapped and PM me and I'll add either. The prices they charge for hot start, LC and hard cut are insane

So use launch control map then?

Fancy sending pm with a picture of the popcorn setup?

Maybe you mean the svrl? If so I've never looked hard enough to find it so maybe I should when I got a downpipe on

Lol, none of the above ;)

Took me months of trial and error to figure it out as nobody is willing to share anything they can make money from. I'll PM you an explanation later when not on my mobile, it's actually really simple

runnerpart2

Runnerpart2
May 23, 2009
Leeds
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=233844

Hi have you tried speaking to MJ on the forum he works out near manchester, the link above is for the car he made and ive owned myself it is the best car i have ever drove personally and it was all down to the remapped as it goes through the gears so sweety.

My current car is almost as good if im fair but ive done most of the work.

If you are in the Leeds are i would recommend RS Tunning the guy there is pretty legend for getting decent power out of car.

Let us know who you deceide to go with in the end.

kyleb123

Mar 12, 2014
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=233844

Hi have you tried speaking to MJ on the forum he works out near manchester, the link above is for the car he made and ive owned myself it is the best car i have ever drove personally and it was all down to the remapped as it goes through the gears so sweety.

My current car is almost as good if im fair but ive done most of the work.

If you are in the Leeds are i would recommend RS Tunning the guy there is pretty legend for getting decent power out of car.

Let us know who you deceide to go with in the end.

I've heard a few good things about them, just abit wary of trying someone like that when theres more well known companies such as Darkside etc.

Adam4D

Oct 2, 2011
Marketing hype of the big boy tuners doesn't always mean a quality remap, that you will like.

A tailored remap by someone that understands the hardwares limits, will always be the best option.

Raziel

Oct 24, 2011
Darkside Developments remap here. Very happy with their service and performance of the car.

I use my car as daily commuter, so was interested in a balanced map. Initially they got 170 bhp (130 PD), went for a test drive and the car was smoking a bit too much on second blast (standard intercooler not coping). So back on the ramp, adjusted to around 165 bhp, perfect!

Bearing in mind I have never tried other maps, but I am perfectly happy with their service, would go there again.

kyleb123

Mar 12, 2014
Darkside Developments remap here. Very happy with their service and performance of the car.

I use my car as daily commuter, so was interested in a balanced map. Initially they got 170 bhp (130 PD), went for a test drive and the car was smoking a bit too much on second blast (standard intercooler not coping). So back on the ramp, adjusted to around 165 bhp, perfect!

Bearing in mind I have never tried other maps, but I am perfectly happy with their service, would go there again.

Not bad at all that, did you opt for any extras like LC or Rev limiter?

kyleb123

Mar 12, 2014
Anyone used Custom Tuning in Bradford or Premier Tuning in Halifiax or Statllers in Sheffield?

Cuffy

Jul 25, 2010
It depends on how you want your car to drive but i'll throw Celtic Tuning in the ring as a remap provider.

I have a Celtic Tuning stage one on my Ibiza 130 taking it up to 186 bhp and 284lb/ft of torque for the last 20k miles.

You don't notice too much in the lower gears and under 1800 rpm thus preserving the clutch and turbo, but the top end power and acceleration is noticeable- good for motorway driving.

R7 Adam.

Oct 29, 2008
Hull
I will be getting my cupra remapped in the next couple of month.

Just wondering which company would be best around the west yorkshire area, but I'm willing to travel.

I've narrowed it down to darkside or tjs tuning which do skark maps.

Anyone else got any recommendations?

RS tuning in Leeds! Paul is one of best tuners in the business, although he mainly works on petrol he does a fair few TDI's. Had experience with a number of other mappers, RS are the only one I would recommend.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.