Boost pipe seals

glenpring

Feb 26, 2014
Hi all just ordered some new boost pipe kit from sfs performance for the top and bottom but wanted to get some new seals for the new connections. Just called seat and the have quoted me from £4 up for each seal depending on witch ones I want is there any alternative seals I can use or does it have to be ones from seat them selfs?

glenpring

Feb 26, 2014
Thanks badger I don't know anyone with traders account. I have lookes everywhere but with no joy I can't even find any on eBay looks like I'll have to pay seat prices

glenpring

Feb 26, 2014
if they're the o rings just go to any bearing supply or industrial fixings (bolts etc) supply thet will definitely be cheaper

Do you mean like black o rings? If you do I read somewhere they are no good they need to be the genuine green ones to make sure they don't leak

glenpring

Feb 26, 2014
Here is the green one next to a black one. I read the black ones don't seal as tight as the green

DSC03099.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
How often are you going to remove the pipes? You could use a silicon sealer if you really wanted to saver money...

What condition are your original seals in? Aslong as they aren't torn, they'll be ok as they're double ridged ;)

glenpring

Feb 26, 2014
Lee from sfs said they could have worn down abit due to the original pipes moving in and out of each other and he suggests new seals and c clips. But you think as long as there not torn they will be ok?