Sean's black LCR. Soon to be stage 2

Sean886

May 15, 2014
okaq0l.jpg

34si1vt.jpg

t7fuqh.jpg

Picked this up yesterday along with a full magnex racing system which is in the boot ready to fit (only didnt fit it as the standard system is properly welded on with 10 years of shite!)Snapped a stud trying to get it off so left it for now! Will have another go with the air guns another time

Changed the oil and filter(genuine) today aswell as giving it a quick once over with some wax!

Needs the wheels refurbing and the front end is heavily stone chipped. Overall im happy with it but a few niggly things need sorting!

More progress to follow!

Last edited:

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Some photos of mine and some mates road trip to Wales!

a4si6v.jpg

24bkug8.jpg

The golf is a 257bhp r32 a d the abarth is running 175.

My stock cupra was the quickest their! And the only one not to overheat their brakes, the golf has updated brembros and end yellowstuff. Mine is unknown brand and standard brembros!

Exhaust to be fitted by tomorrow and then more shinies to follow before our next trip to Wales!

Feedback welcomed!

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Today I ordered these from fleabay

adztoj.png

Also ordered some chipex

And then I gave the car a wash and clayed, polished and stuck 2 layers of wax onto the boot. Will be doing the rest tomorrow

ie08hs.jpg

2a96uk9.jpg

2rmo02u.jpg

Cheers for looking!

Next to order is a badger5 tip and a liquid gauge

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Along with a new power steering pipe as the old one was corroded to **** at £100 and a new rear carrier as the carrier pins were bent to **** which was causing the brake squeeling.

Rear brake pads are virtually non existent so have ordered new rear brakes and the handbrake auto adjustment was bent to **** due to over tightening so that's been fixed aswell!

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Took it for a nice drive out today and stopped for some photos. Unfortunately my stupid girlfriend decided to ruin every single photo!

2py71hu.jpg

Such a tw@!!!

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Fed up of this ****ing car.

Eml lights come on and my climate control panels messed up.

Wish I never bought the car atm. Cost me £250 to repair so far. Have had to replace a power steering pipe and a rear caliper carrier. Only had the car 2 weeks. I'm hoping the eml is on just because of the exhaust system.

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
The climate control panels are pretty common. The pixels on part of mine are messed up aswell. Is it just a catback exhaust or turbo back?

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
That will be the cause of eml light mate. Can be mapped out. Don't lose interest there awesome cars.

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Okay so i lost a lot of love for this car, but its slowly winning me back!

Ive got a large shopping list for the next 7 monthsish! (a car is never 'finished' ;) )

So far ive fitted, 25mm rear spacers, JR cone filter, Jabbasport heatshield, decat, ive debadged 'leon' and replaced all the 'R's'

Fitted grooved and slotted rear disks with mintex pads. The old ones were way past dead!

Also fitted the w8 interior light and sprayed it back.

The following is a random selection of images from over the last 5000 miles!

Last edited:

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Went to a rolling road today and pulled 254bhp and 254lbs/ft at the fly. Which works out as 223bhp and 229lbs/ft at the wheels.

Very happy with that! Next up us Fmic and stage 2 at rtech on the 39th Jan!

roger1965

Jul 13, 2014
looking good,
i purchased my first one last week at the age of 49 it's also black on a 53.
mine was off someone who trades in these from home.
in hindsight i would of been better probably buying private.
when i viewed the car it was gleaming, had nice red brembo calipers and the inside was spick and span.
now after a week the products obviously used are wearing off, the calipers are very dull pink,
the interior is now showing signs of dirt/stains coming through.
so when i get a few spare weekends i'll be trying to sort some issues also.
so your not out there on your own pal......

Last edited:

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Can I just ask where you got the car from? Sounds very similar to mine!

Did the pictures show a car with a "Monaco" number plate?

Sean886

May 15, 2014
The guys a decent bloke. Just old cars at end of the day ain't they!

On a brighter note, misses is getting me a wellycooler for crimbo! Then I'm booked in at rtech for 30th January for stage 2 map!

Last edited:

roger1965

Jul 13, 2014
yeh well only had mine two weeks.
i'm not totally disapointed with it but got a bit of work getting it upto my standards.
i'm having the interior cleaned properly at a valet company soon, shampoo and clean,seats,roof lining,door cards,carpet etc.
gonna try and polish the paint when i get time to see if i can improve it.
failing that i'll get a pal of mine to mop it all over.
i've just had the oil and filter changed, after xmas i'll re paint all the calipers and then i might have the wheels refurbished.
so where abouts are you then ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise