Summer/Winter Type Compromise

JamJay

California Bound
Is there such a thing?...One tyre that you can run all year round with good performance & traction during the heat, dry, wet & cold or is it the case that if you want the best performance & traction from a tyre all year round that you need a Summer set & Winter set?

I am using Falken FK452 now and as the power in the LCR goes up, the tyres let go a little more so I think it's time to move on soon. I've been looking at GY F1 Assy as a Summer tyre which also gets great reviews in wet conditions but cold/wet conditions seem to be its downfall where the rubber hardens and traction gets a lot worse. Runner up tyres include the Vredestein Sessanta & the Hankook V12 EVO, both of which are reviewed a little worse than the GY.

I've never looked at Winter tyres before but is there a tyre that will give Summer GY F1 Assy type performance in the Winter?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Had Avoz ZZ3 on since October, and they have never put a foot wrong.
They drove in the snow fine, but then again, we had a light coating compared to the rest of the country.

I have the Hankooks on my standard Cupra wheels, and they are on par with the ZZ3, i wouldn't drive any less on them, seriously under-rated tyre.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Personally, I don't think there will be a tyre available that will give that kind of grip all year round.
There are loads of all seasons tyres but they're always a compromise

jambox

Mar 21, 2014
Whiskey County, Scotchland
I had the V12 Evo on my Suzuki Swift Sport a few years back, replacing GY f1's. Overall I thought they were a better tyre, and they handled rather well during winter (I'm up in north Scotland).

I recently stuck Vredestein Sessanta's on my cupra and am impressed so far. Will see what they are like in winter conditions pretty soon by the look of it if this week so far is anything to go by!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members