New Style SFS Silicone Boost Pipes On The Way :-)

Jimmy-james

Aug 10, 2011
Norwich in sunny Norfolk
I replaced all the o rings on the old pipes a couple of months ago so they should be fine. I also have new clips to make everything nice and secure. Can't wait to get them fitted for piece of mind.

Jimmy-james

Aug 10, 2011
Norwich in sunny Norfolk
All fitted and the difference is amazing; you can really feel the extra grunt higher up the rev range with the restriction removed from the turbo end. As for the fitting; top wasn't too bad if you start with the intercooler end first but there are issues with the alloy pipe hitting the sump which i am addressing with the manufacturer. I have overcome the problem temporarily with a cable tie through the arch liner to hold it away and 2 layers of heat shrink to stop the pipe wearing and any rattles. Here are some pictures i took along the way!

Whats in the box!

20141031_102117_zpspho8d767.jpg

Bayonets.

20141031_102133_zpsme8h2tkq.jpg

Old top pipe fitted VS new one.

20141031_102147_zpsijoivsti.jpg

20141031_112449_zpsnuawjejg.jpg

20141031_115137_zpsonylyril.jpg

Pictures of lower pipe to follow!

Last edited:

glenpring

Feb 26, 2014
Can't wait to get mine now should be with me today or tomorrow going by the time it took you to get yours :)

i went for black as well they look good black.

Last edited:

glenpring

Feb 26, 2014
Black was a no brainer for me as i like to keep the car as stock looking as possible. Still waiting to hear back from SFS ref the lower intercooler pipe :-(

Yer that's why I went black as well might get the alloy pipes powder coated black don't like bling on a car lol
Got my new seals and clips today ready for when my pipes turn up

Toby Davis

Toby Davis
Oct 12, 2009
Kidderminster West Midlands
Hi guys am I correct in saying I need

A 60mm OD (to go on 90 degree boost pipe) 51 ID bayonet (pushes inside egr valve) which needs a 60 ID 90degree bend either end.

This is for an ibiza cupra TDI.

Is the egr valve still the same size ? and does the cupra tdi have slightly bigger boost pipes than the fr tdi. 60mm id as opposed to 51mm id on fr\vrs tdi

many thanks

Toby Davis

Toby Davis
Oct 12, 2009
Kidderminster West Midlands
So summing up

I think I need for an Ibiza cupra tdi

A bayonet which is 60mm od and 51od to go inside egr

60mm both ends 90 degree silicone boost pipe

45 degree alloy boost pipe (150mm leg either side) to connect to 90 degree boost pipe and down to the fmic

am I correct guys ? many thanks

glenpring

Feb 26, 2014
Anything from sfs about the bottom pipe touching? Got my pipes today waiting for the rain to stop for a day to get in it

MaximusTDI

I'm looking for a kit just like this. Have you had any luck regarding the poor fitting bottom hose?

I haven't ordered yet, awaiting to see if this is resolved.

glenpring

Feb 26, 2014
I'm looking for a kit just like this. Have you had any luck regarding the poor fitting bottom hose?

I haven't ordered yet, awaiting to see if this is resolved.

Fitted mine mine seems to fit properly apart from the turbo bayernet seems loose. Waiting for a reply from sfs been two days so far no reply

Jimmy-james

Aug 10, 2011
Norwich in sunny Norfolk
To be fair, I havent had any problems since fitting the kit so I might leave it. I'm confident the shrink wrap I used will stop any rattling for years and I don't have the time to chase them.

glenpring

Feb 26, 2014
To be fair, I havent had any problems since fitting the kit so I might leave it. I'm confident the shrink wrap I used will stop any rattling for years and I don't have the time to chase them.

I just used the rubber that was attached to the original and just cable tied it to the sfs stuff lee messaged me back saying he is looking in to my problem with the bayonet so fingers crossed

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members