t0m's LCR AmD Stage 2 - Turini's, Wavetrac LSD, Recaro's..

Fry over black or high power silver wheel refurb?

• Fry over black wheel colour

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • High power silver wheel colour

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Gutted mate. Been an excellant build on this

Cheers mate, sadly time to move on :)

I still can't believe your selling up Tom but as I said before "needs must". You will need to get an ultra quick diesel to make up for it ;)

Haha, I'm either going to have no car or something small engine'd to run around for a while. I'll keep it tidy whatever it is!

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Spent a couple of hours on the car today edging it closer ready for selling.

Took off my rear LED lights as these already have a buyer so the oem one's went back in, de stickered the rear boot, took the Forge strut covers off as I have a buyer already, engine cover is now off, and all the porsche/forge caps will be gone next week, swapped over for oem parts from another car.
Also shampoo'd and conditioned the R32 leathers again today to keep them fresh as they may go before the car is sold. Lucky I checked the bay over today as my JR filter I re-fit has split around the neck (older age I guess) it wasn't over-tightened, so the Pipercross is back on now.

Need to get the arbs/braces all off for ready for selling too as these have pretty much gone already, and I have someone interested in the wheels too. I think it might all be gone by mid August!

Last edited:

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
Just as heads up mate i'll be very interested in the Milltek System, ITG or Pipercross and the Heatshield if these have'nt already been snapped up ;)

Jan 24, 2011
Tom, I've just started back on this forum as im hopefully picking an exeo up this weekend. Still subscribed to this thread so had a read. Perhaps you remember my old readers ride we had the same colour!

Shame you're having to sell up, but sometimes needs must. I still miss mine and I've owned 4 cars since :D I'd buy another in a flash if I had a short commute again.

Good luck mate.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Just as heads up mate i'll be very interested in the Milltek System, ITG or Pipercross and the Heatshield if these have'nt already been snapped up ;)

I don't have a standard exhaust system at all mate so it's staying on the car and going to be sold with it as a stage 2 car. ITG has already sold sorry. Heatshield hasn't nor has the Pipercross filter, but I need to see if I still have the airbox to put back on the car before I think of selling those mate. I'll bare you in mind though mate :)

Tom, I've just started back on this forum as im hopefully picking an exeo up this weekend. Still subscribed to this thread so had a read. Perhaps you remember my old readers ride we had the same colour!

Shame you're having to sell up, but sometimes needs must. I still miss mine and I've owned 4 cars since :D I'd buy another in a flash if I had a short commute again.

Good luck mate.

Good to hear from you again mate! Glad you're heading back to a Seat again. I'm sure it'll be a great car.

Needs must indeed sadly, thanks for the kind words. Make sure you post some pics up of your new car when you get it!

Jan 24, 2011
I don't have a standard exhaust system at all mate so it's staying on the car and going to be sold with it as a stage 2 car. ITG has already sold sorry. Heatshield hasn't nor has the Pipercross filter, but I need to see if I still have the airbox to put back on the car before I think of selling those mate. I'll bare you in mind though mate :)

Good to hear from you again mate! Glad you're heading back to a Seat again. I'm sure it'll be a great car.

Needs must indeed sadly, thanks for the kind words. Make sure you post some pics up of your new car when you get it!
Yeah they seem to be unsung heroes really basically a b7 a4 with all the interior trimmings for a lot less due to the badge. Good enough for me :)

Your lcr is a real cracker, I forgot how good they look in that colour :( the best looking hot hatch by a long way in my opinion.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Yeah they seem to be unsung heroes really basically a b7 a4 with all the interior trimmings for a lot less due to the badge. Good enough for me :)

Your lcr is a real cracker, I forgot how good they look in that colour :( the best looking hot hatch by a long way in my opinion.

Yeah exactly, the Exeo is a very understated car and you don't see many around which is cool too :)

Thanks mate. I will miss it and have already taken a few bits off, just the rear LED lights, civic type r aerial and some engine bay bling, the rest comes off this weekend as it's getting collected then. It'll still be sold as a stage 2 car though, just want it to go to a good buyer. Not gona sell it to any old pikey even if they offer me the right money!

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich

Well I'll take the Pipercross and Heatshield mate if you sell up :)

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Tom good luck with the sale and adventure post LCR!!

Will be sad to see this move on as it's one of the threads I come back to SCN to look at!!!

Enjoy whatever takes it place - small engined or not!

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
good luck mate. i made the switch about 10 months ago and haven't looked back since, although i loved having the Leon for the 4 years that i did.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Tom good luck with the sale and adventure post LCR!!

Will be sad to see this move on as it's one of the threads I come back to SCN to look at!!!

Enjoy whatever takes it place - small engined or not!

Cheers for the kind words mate :D

I have just got back from a week in Cyprus late last night and gave it a quick run out earlier to clear the cobwebs and I do still love driving it. Parting with it will be very hard.

good luck mate. i made the switch about 10 months ago and haven't looked back since, although i loved having the Leon for the 4 years that i did.

Cheers mate. Your performance derv threads have inspired me a bit I must say.

I'm only going to get a Fabia vRS if the right one comes up, if not I'll get a small petrol engined Polo to knock about in for the time being.

As mentioned above, I've not thought about it much while I've been away the last week as it's a lot easier when you're with the car and can sort bits out.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Been a while since I've updated this but to get to it the car hasn't gone just yet.. Elsewhere I went through a long job application process with four stages which took 6 weeks, but I got the job so in the end it worked out well and now I can focus on getting this car sorted before I start the new role soon :) Had to prioritise..

The car is currently at a mates garage as the front passenger door took a ding outside my girlfriends house, no note left or anything so I managed to source another platinum grey door and that will be fitted up the bodyshop at his work. The car is also getting a full service, oil, oil filter, fuel filter and some fresh NGK plugs to keep her in check.

The Milltek decat is also coming off as someone well known on here is having that, and the milltek sports cat is going back on in it's place. That should pretty much be that and the for sale ad will be done shortly after as long as it all goes to plan.

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
The LCR is now for sale. Will try and get the ad copied across to the for sale section on here.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Shame it's come to this mate, it is one of the best around

Cheers mate, it is a shame but it happens.

It's not the best time to be listing a car for sale to be honest, so I'll see how it goes. It might still be around for a while yet.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.