Winter cupra r problems. Advice please :)

Elliottbrophy

Jul 15, 2014
Essex
Hi all,

I bought a leon cupra r in July and think I am having some normal winter problems. I'm getting water inside on my windows and steamy windows a lot. I also have had a fault code regarding my thermostat or temperature sensor. Could any advise how to fix these problems please?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elliottbrophy

Jul 15, 2014
Essex
Cheers mate! I think it could possibly be the pollen filter. It keeps dropping Yhh and then goes back up

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
How does the thermostat throw up a code when it's completely manual with no electrical connectors etc?
My can ran terrible when the temp Sender went. Only buy genuine as the patten one I tried only lasted a few months before packing up.

Elliottbrophy

Jul 15, 2014
Essex
It is wet just passenger side and I have changed it recently. I'll have a look at that. No idea but I scanned my engine for codes and that's what it said. Where can you get genuine ones from?
c63d76a1886afa6188d8314fdb9d42f0.jpg

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
How does the thermostat throw up a code when it's completely manual with no electrical connectors etc?
My can ran terrible when the temp Sender went. Only buy genuine as the patten one I tried only lasted a few months before packing up.

Not sure but the behaviour of his gauge points to thermostat.
Usually more poor running as you describe when its the sender

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
the thermostat doesn't have any electrical connections no. but when the car doesn't reach operating temperature when it should the coolant temp sensor obviously picks up on this and the ECU throws a fault code

Roohul

Jun 22, 2010
Romford, Essex
I had that code a few months back. It was a faulty Coolant Temperature Sensor. Make sure you get the green one.

I too also have the in-car swimming pool in the footwell. :(

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
To be honest you might aswell change both the temp sensor and thermostat. Neither are expensive and it will ensure you have no trouble of these parts for a while to come!

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
On my last car I had windows steaming up when the heating was put on and it turned out to be the heater matrix

Hopefully that's not the case for you!

Elliottbrophy

Jul 15, 2014
Essex
I think mine might be the pollen filter leak. Has anyone got any links on how to change the thermostat and the temp sensor as well? And links for genuine parts

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
If water runs off the sill when you open the door after its rained, the problem is the door seals and this probably accounts for 90% of wet carpets. The pollen filter seal is massively over-diagnosed.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members