New Ibiza Cupra owner checking in!

ollierice

Nov 4, 2014
Hi all,

I just picked up my seat Ibiza Cupra yesterday and I already love it! I did read plenty of reviews of the car on the Internet and they were all good. I have also read some worrying things on this forum. What should I be looking out for with this little 1.4 tsi unit?

Thanks,

Ollie

NickCupraR

NickIbiza
Mar 2, 2009
Chichester Portsmouth Area
Welcome!!! CAVE engine was an oil burner causing many to burn out and were replaced. engine was 2010-2012 then the CTHE took over from 2012 onwards but that has still had a few issues but low key compared to the CAVE.

Just remember forums are biased to faulty cars and there are loads of perfect cars out there that wernt affected. Enjoy the car!!

9designs

Sep 21, 2002
Rugby
Visit site
Hi... We picked up an ex demo 63 plate, about 6 months ago, with a CTHE engine, has 8500 miles now, and it's drinking oil... What's the limit SEAT will acknowledge a problem?
Apart from that great car, wife's car she loves the DSG, it's full spec..... Chose it over the Fiesta ST and A1.

9designs

Sep 21, 2002
Rugby
Visit site
I'll do a more accurate check, but looks like 1000 miles per litre. Obviously it's under warranty and bought on a PCP, so either way it will be their problem when it gets traded back by the end of the warranty.
I'll ask for an emissions test as indication of how much is being burnt.