So my LCR drove past a mobile speed camera van..

Pablo225

Nov 21, 2013
One of those lovely vans in N Yorks with a camera on virtually every panel of the vehicle.

The time elapsed will be 14 days tomorrow (it happened on a Sunday).

Am I safe or do I need to check the post on Monday as well? I've had this for two weeks now, I've suffered enough already imo.

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
give it a couple of days more mate. they have 14 days to post the NIP letter to you (Notice of intended prosecution) not 14 days for you to receive it. also have you changed address lately? reason I ask is if the DVLA haven't received the updated details of your new address then the 14 days window doesn't apply as the police have to trace you down

Pablo225

Nov 21, 2013
Thanks Brad.

No mate no address changes, they definitely have the correct details for me. Bugger, I always thought the NIP needed to be in your possession within 14 days.

So going by that then police need to post the NIP tomorrow, unless they posted it today obviously.

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Was it defo a speed detection van. Could be looking for tax or insurance. I have driven past 3 vans at speed and aint got anything so dont panic yet bud.

Pablo225

Nov 21, 2013
Fingers crossed Rob.

Yeah it was the speed detection van alright. I'm hoping he was doing the other side of the carriageway or taking a nap.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Basically if you've been caught speeding just take it like a man and take the fine and points or do the SAC, no point in crying about it, you know the rules of the road as we all do, drive faster than the posted speed and you risk the chance of being caught, simples!

Sorry if I don't sound sympathetic but saying you've suffered enough just made you sound a bit like a child trying to get out of being grounded lol

From what you've said it sounds very much to me like an ANPR van and not a speed camera van (these from my experience usually have a single camera operated by an officer from the back of the vehicle). Did it mention speed camera van anywhere on the vehicle?

Pablo225

Nov 21, 2013
Basically if you've been caught speeding just take it like a man and take the fine and points or do the SAC, no point in crying about it, you know the rules of the road as we all do, drive faster than the posted speed and you risk the chance of being caught, simples!

Sorry if I don't sound sympathetic but saying you've suffered enough just made you sound a bit like a child trying to get out of being grounded lol

I was messing when I said that, you know, bit of irony. I mean who would say that in real life?

From what you've said it sounds very much to me like an ANPR van and not a speed camera van (these from my experience usually have a single camera operated by an officer from the back of the vehicle). Did it mention speed camera van anywhere on the vehicle?

It's not an ANPR van I've done a bit of research. The vans were plastered all over the N Yorks press a while back due to the LA having bought three more.

I expected more of these posts to be honest.

Last edited:

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
It's not an ANPR van I've done a bit of research. The vans were plastered all over the N Yorks press a while back due to the LA having bought three more.

I expected more of these posts to be honest.

Sorry I was busy...

TUT TUT WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?!

:cartman:

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
As said if you get one thats that unfortunatly. No point in argueing.

I got one last month but you just have to accept it and move on.