OBD Port

RobGoldsmith

Guys

Where is the ODB port? I would like to connect my Galaxy up through bluetooth and track my MPGs in Torque but I cant find the posrt anywhere on my 2012 1.2 s AC

MjrSharpe

Astra VXR
Jun 18, 2012
Northern Ireland
On the right hand side of the steering wheel, towards the bottom of the dash, there should be a small cubby hole. The section of plastic above this pulls away and this is where the obd port is. It just pulls away. Sorry I can't send a photo, but I'm in work.

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
You won't be able to see anything thru the hole, you need to pull out the whole panel cover.

On the facelift models you can't have the OBDII dongle and the cover at the same time since there's little to no room there to clip it back in place

RobGoldsmith

Hmm might have to get another of those panels and cut out a square for it....

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
I was thinking the same, but since it's ina concealed place and it's just a tiny bit what you need to cut, maybe I won't buy the new panel if I ever get good enough with the dremel.

Tho other option I can think about is uncliping the puple conector of the frame and let it hang and connect the dongle there, maybe secure it with velcro or something so it won't be banging against the panel while I'm driving, but I'm pretty sure the dealer will give me the beans for doing so :happy:

RobGoldsmith

Hmm I do have an extender cable, would it fit down and out the hole maybe

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
You have about 1/4-1/2 inch of spare room between the connector and the panel handle, so unless the extension cable has a 90° connection, I doubt it will do the trick.

for what is worth, I'm using a micro elm37 bluetooth dongle that sticks out a litlle over 3/4in and it doesn't let me clip the panel back all the way, just a couple of the clips
180058-1.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.