stop-start doesn't

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
My TSI 105 is fitted with stop-start - but it rarely works at all.

9 days out of 10 nothing, the next it cuts the engine at every junction like I expected it would.

To be honest it activates so infrequently I'm always surprised when it happens.

has any one else had this issue?

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
You need to speak to your dealer about this
Start stop works on a number of factors and they all need to be within tollerance

Battery voltage
Engine temp
Coolant temp
Ambient temp

So would need to be checked on diag

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
You need to speak to your dealer about this
Start stop works on a number of factors and they all need to be within tollerance

Battery voltage
Engine temp
Coolant temp
Ambient temp

So would need to be checked on diag

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Dealer NFF'd it. That's No Fault Found where I work. I don't think I ever drive it inside the parameters required to activate Stopstart.

They also thought the slight knock from the gearbox was normal having compared it with another toledo in stock.

At least they sorted the headlight alignment.

Loan car was a Mii I-TECH which was not bad at all - much less tinny than any other citycar I've driven.

They had a Toledo I-TECH in stock too - I really like the up specced interior but the dark alloys didn't suit on a white car.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
SKODA forum answered this one.

If the ventilation is set to windscreen, the Stop Start doesn't Stop.:happy:

sparks03

Nov 9, 2014
I'll have to test this out as i've often noted the stop/ start simply doesn't operate on our tsi 105.

sparks03

Nov 9, 2014
Also if ventilation is set to full it won't work either. Tried ours out today and it does work properly once up to temp/ not flat out.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Clearly as human males we have no need of a manual for anything...:D

However in this case I did read the book to find the (non-existent) answer.:think:

Thank God someone on the SKODA forum was geeky enough to read their book from cover to cover and give me the benefit.

sparks03

Nov 9, 2014
Puzzling really given that the two cars come from the same place. Meh, problem solved at least.

The worst thing about it is if i'd have asked the other half who drives the car on a daily basis she could have given me the answer. Worked it out in July when we had the car!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.