Why did you want a LC/LCR

jamiea69

Jul 10, 2011
bristol
hey guys and gals, just thought i start a thread to find out what made you buy a leon and what you like about it over other cars. look forward to reading your replys.
cheers

scott180

Aug 13, 2014
portsmouth
have always found the cupra to be a highly desirable car. heard so many good things so decided its time to see for myself and i have NO regrets :) best motor ive owned.

SlimsLCR

Jul 16, 2014
Northern Ireland
The big attraction for me was the unassuming look, a wolf in sheeps clothing, it annoys me when company's try too hard to make the car look fast and charge you for it! I had reservations before I bought it, but defo the best sports car i have ever owned!

minute

Aug 15, 2013
Accrington
I wanted a hot hatch that was frugal, decent handling, good on motorways, had comfy seats, easy to tune power wise, and was relatively rare.
I was looking at the ep3 Civic Type R, Astra VXR, Mazda 3MPS
, and Focus ST. Saw a black LCR in the flesh and I was sold! Very understated yet aggressive, with old school turbo power delivery.

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
I got my lcr because I needed to get rid of a piece of sh** bmw 330i. Bought it on a whim and never looked back. Spent thousands modifying bit and get it near showroom standard and dont regret a moment.

useyourname

Aug 2, 2012
In a shed
I was initially looking at a Skoda Octavia VRS MK1 then discovered the Leons. I wish I had waited and got a Cupra R but my old car was dying fast. Well happy with the motor so far. I've had her 2 years and no had to do much to her. I spent £650 on a new clutch and gearbox issue after purchase and a few little bits here and there. It's never let me down and is the best car I've owned to date.

Jordan1525

Nov 11, 2014
Because it was a deal a steal a sale of the .. Yano the rest :) and I wish I got one sooner

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
I loved the colour (mandarin) and the full leather interior when I saw it at the garage - they had 2 Cupras for sale, my one and a dark red one with cloth interior.
At the time the Cupra R had not long been launched so was still too dear, so I made do ;)

Always preferred the orange one and a test drive sealed the deal, job done :) that was in 2003, had the car until April this year...

Richard123

Rickys LCR 225
Feb 4, 2013
Ayrshire,Scotland
I bought mine as said before because they dont shout fast car!

or attract alot of police attention if exhaust isnt to loud.

I held out for a R great car probably best ive owned and definetly the fastest.

Had the car just over 3 years now no serious problems just usual coil packs etc.

Last edited:

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
When driving my Renault Megane 1.6 8v, I already knew I wanted to drive a car with the 1.8T 20VT engine in it. Audi A3 was too expensive and ended up searching the Golf MK4 or Seat Leon when my Renault died (ECU was drowned).

I drove a Golf MK4 (US edition) and a Seat Leon (the one I have right now) and was more impressed by the Leon. I had some money to spare and ended up "rushing" to stage 2 ;) Rest is history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exX7kN4fecg&list=TLhvaFVFQhdMQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVYm7WD0eq4&list=TLhvaFVFQhdMQ

RACK

Oct 22, 2014
Rotherham
Had a B5 S4 and was fed up of putting fuel in it, snap decision saw me sell it after an hour of putting it on PH, needed a new car fast.

Was looking for an S3 but they were a bit tatty or had been to the moon and back for the money I wanted to spend.

Looked for a Cupra R and one came up 10 miles away from me, went to see it the day after my S4 went and I paid for it cash after a quick drive.
Got it as it looks and goes better than my previous mk4 golfs (V6 4mo and stage 1 GTi) plus don't have to take the front end off to fix it like the S4 and it's pretty cheap to run.

Really good all round package tbh, really like the little thing

liam.p

Apr 22, 2014
www.facebook.com
Like scott180 I wanted a car that was faster than it looked, I took a 3mps for a test drive and next day took my car for a test drive which I then bought the day after and I'm so glad I did!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ardsco

Feb 23, 2014
Fife
was needing a bigger car as have 2 children so it was time to give up the civic ek3 that I had as it had no boot space, looked about for ages as to what to get even started looking at type R ep3, but after looking at loads this would give me the same problem as before.
my GF has a mk4 golf and the amount of room this car had was exactly what I was after but didn't want to be one of those couples that had matching cars so that lead me to seat and the same that has been said before the subtle looks compared to the power that its kicking out was a major winner for me, once I started looking into them I was sold

chris2r

Nov 13, 2008
Sheffield
Always loved the shape of them since they where released.
I always think there abit rarer than the golf....and cheaper to buy!
Had a Cupra first for 3yrs then sold up in 2009 then have just got an LCR in black which is what I wanted first time round but couldn't afford the insurance at the time!
Always get compliments on it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise