Best way to cure condensation in the headlight

2minits

Feb 10, 2014
As the title really, I've got a little bit in the drivers side and want to sort it, shall I just turn the lights on wait till it's all hot then take the rear cover off to vent it? And put it back on a couple of minutes later with the lights still on.....

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
Yeah must admit, touch wood I don't suffer even with HIDs, but it seems to be a common fault with seat. As a mate of mine had trouble with his mk5 they got seat to change the light units yet now the passenger side unit is still condensing

Digger

Aug 7, 2005
RCT South Wales
My headlights have always been shite. I had a replacement under warranty and it came back. I sorted it by putting a vent in the top of the bulb cover using aquarium pipe and elbows. Cost about £3.50 in bits from fleabay. Works a dream

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
My headlights have always been shite. I had a replacement under warranty and it came back. I sorted it by putting a vent in the top of the bulb cover using aquarium pipe and elbows. Cost about £3.50 in bits from fleabay. Works a dream

Do you have any pics?

Digger

Aug 7, 2005
RCT South Wales
imagejpg1_zpscd8015a0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
imagejpg2_zps8f8078d5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

alexjbass

Nov 9, 2014
Re the Silica Gel packets - where exactly do people stick them... my lights have so much condensation - its not even funny!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.