Freetrack tyres (of the non-winter variety)

ritch_b

Jul 27, 2012
Oop north
Well chaps, I know this one has done the rounds before, but the previous threads are all a good few years old, so I thought I'd gauge people's opinions afresh.

My Freetrack came with P-Zeroes on the front and some god-awful cheap things on the back; the redeeming feature of the cheap things was that they were new, but that's about as good as they get. I'm about to switch to the winter tyres and, so as to discourage me from putting the god-awful cheap things back on next year, I'm going to bin them.

So, the obvious question is, what can people recommend as a general all-round tyre for the Freetrack? I have no designs on off-roading and winter traction isn't an issue, because I have, erm, winter tyres for that. Something with decent wear and that doesn't lose grip at the mere mention of precipitation (as the current cheap things do) is what I'm after. I'm not averse to buying a premium brand, but I'm rather less inclined towards something overly budget unless it comes with a pretty good recommendation.

Thanks in advance.

R.

kevlaa

Altea Stylance / Arona FR Evo
Oct 12, 2010
s.wales
The unyroyal rainsport 3 is a good all round tyre rated A for wet weather and good in the dry too, also pretty cheap.

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
I had some Uniroyal RainSport 3's on my Orlando last month, for only £125 each in 235/45/18 size, pretty impressed in the wet weather we've had this month.

Hopefully they'll do better mileage wise than the Avin ZZ5's I had on previously, only managed 17k from a set on the front!

ritch_b

Jul 27, 2012
Oop north
Well, that's two for the Rainsports, so I'll have a look into those, ta very much! Any other suggestions still welcome though!

R.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Bit late to the party but we have Goodyear Efficient Grip all round now after 5 years of Dunlop SP01, which came on it from new. Quiet, better economy and no grip issues. Wearing well too. And we also have winter wheels that go on it for 3 months a year :)

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Bit late to the party but we have Goodyear Efficient Grip all round now after 5 years of Dunlop SP01, which came on it from new. Quiet, better economy and no grip issues. Wearing well too.

I should hope so considering the age of design between them..

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.