where can I buy the boring parts?

EddieFR

Nov 17, 2014
How do all, new to FR ownership, got a 54 plate TDI. All good so far except the rear wiper, door seals are falling off and the CD player doesn't work. Other than that... fingers crossed. Any recommendations on where I can get new door seals? One of the ones is knackered and gluing back on isn't an option. Need a new one but damned if I can find a parts website that sells em for Mk1 Leons. Cheers

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
Rear wiper I would upgrade to the fabia one its so much better, same with the CD player get a decent aftermarket one then you can use a use/aux input and get better sound as for the door seals your probably best off asking the dealer

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
Do not use the dealer stuff for door seals. If you have a leak then the chances are it's the seal on the inner door card which the window regulator attaches too. It's shite and will fail again eventually. Better off using butyl tape off ebay. Good stuff and won't leak again, and a lot of car manufacturers use it on there doors aswell

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Which door seals are coming off? If it's the fabric ones around where the door closes I have a full set in my garage, they're the normal grey ones from when I changed my interior to the black LCR version. Would need to be collected though as they're quite big, heavy and not very flexible where they have the metal securing plates inside.

EddieFR

Nov 17, 2014
Magic, thanks for advice folks. I see lots of threads about door cards and the butyl option, I'll have a look into that.

The ones that are coming off and/or are knackered are, on the driver's door, the thick rubber seal that stays on the body when the door opens. Also the one that attaches to the front edge of the rear door... both of em kinda fall off when I open the doors.

other than that I'm loving the mpg and the torque :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.