alloy wheel colour code

• Thread starter Deleted member 67732
  • Start date

Deleted member 67732

I have scratched my factory fitted standard alloy wheel and wish to paint it.
are there different silver colours for them, or is it a standard seat wheel spray can

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I have scratched my factory fitted standard alloy wheel and wish to paint it.
are there different silver colours for them, or is it a standard seat wheel spray can

Don't think seat do wheel touch-up paint.

I ended up in a local model shop and selected a small tin of gloss silver enamel that was very close.

Deleted member 67732

Don't think seat do wheel touch-up paint.

I ended up in a local model shop and selected a small tin of gloss silver enamel that was very close.

thank you deano, i thought that I would be able to get an aerosol from seat.

model paint, are you referring to humbrol?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
It does seem pretty stupid when so many cars have alloy wheels and quite a variation in colour, that car makers do not support us with providing suitable touch-up paint. In my Ford days I used a very old Ford silver, think that worked for VX and maybe VW but it is solid now! Yes very very annoying trying to match wheel colour! I bought a set of used Audi 18" alloys for winter use, one looked like it had been eaten by a bear(?), so I ended up getting a single new one from ebay, went to get the 3-off used ones refinished, but was advised by powder coating place to include the brand new one so that they matched - that hurt!

I'm sure that someone on a VAG forum mentioned "German car wheel paint" - but that assumes they are all the same!

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members