Remap suggestions please

Ebes86

Jul 25, 2013
Hi all,

So i'm finally having a FMIC fitted with custom pipes next week.

Now the question is will I need to get my car remapped after doing this to avoid the risk of damaging my engine?

Also, I had my Injectors cleaned a few months back and 1 of them came back with a faulty spray pattern.

I'm not going bigger turbo or Hybrid, would there be any benefit in installing the bigger 550c injectors or replace them with the same size injectors?

Also can you advise on who to go to for remapping my car?

I'm based in Birmingham, but willing to travel to the right company.

Thanks in advance for your help

Aug 26, 2008
West Midlands
Hi

Not sure on the injectors, but if you are after some advice for remap then I highly recommend Niki @ R Tech - Hinkley they know what they are doing and well known in the VAG area

Google them and give them a call, they are based not far as I live in Birmingham too pal.

Ebes86

Jul 25, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have heard a lot of good things lately about R-Tech and it's seem's like they know what they are doing.

I'll give them a call.

RACK

Oct 22, 2014
Rotherham
Had my B5 S4 to Rick at Unicorn Motor Developments and already spoke to him about mappin the Cupra R soon.

Defo worth a ring as it's a full custom map too

He's near manchester

Last edited:

irf

Feb 5, 2014
I'll be making a choice for remap soon and while I'm sure there are loads of good mappers out there, for the LCR in my mind there's only two, R-tech and badger5.

Out of those two it'll be badger5 for me though for a few reasons.

I've already bought parts off him. Hes on the forum and helps out where he can for people who aren't paying him money. He will do a smoke test on the car before mapping it which IMO is pretty important. A dyno before and after which I'm personally not too fussed with although I think R-tech also offer this. There's also the fact that he can do any work on the car himself if it needs it.

I'm not saying anything bad about rtech, in fact the opposite, I've driven a 'stage 2' LCR do e by them and it was exactly how I'd want mine to drive, not loads of boost and torque and nothing up top but revving out to the top nicely making the quick not just feel quick but actually quick.

Anyway, good luck, can't wait to get mine done!

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Bill at Badger 5. Mainly because hes got good garage facilities as well as mapping, and has to be one of the most experienced. Any extra issues can be dealt with in house.

Once I've decided what i'm doing with the MK2 tuning wise I'll take it to Bill.

Ebes86

Jul 25, 2013
Thanks guys,

I think Stockport is just a tad too far to go i think for a remap, but thanks anyway.

Badger5 is another company on my radar and I agree with you from what I've heard Badger5 and R-Tech are the 2 best VAG mappers around, but there are always others out there unknown who do as just a good job.

But I like the fact that Badger5 does a smoke test too and from what I hear he keeps your car for a few days to make sure the MAP is done as best as possible.

Can any of you answer if I will be OK driving the car for a while with the FMIC before getting it remapped?

Ebes86

Jul 25, 2013
Thanks for the info Nd...

I thought the same as you, the only thing it may affect is the fuel consumption, more air and the ECU will then throw more fuel in right?

Until I get it remapped the the air to fuel ratio will play up a bit.

Thanks for the advice.

I just don't want to spend money on a remap every time I make a modification.

Would rather make all my mods and then just get it remapped again.

By the way, I forgot to mention that my car is currently on stage 2, will this have any bearing in the matter?

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Thanks for the info Nd...

I thought the same as you, the only thing it may affect is the fuel consumption, more air and the ECU will then throw more fuel in right?

Until I get it remapped the the air to fuel ratio will play up a bit.

Thanks for the advice.

I just don't want to spend money on a remap every time I make a modification.

Would rather make all my mods and then just get it remapped again.

By the way, I forgot to mention that my car is currently on stage 2, will this have any bearing in the matter?

It's colder air rather than more air but yes the ecu will add more fuel and adapt to suit the extra cooling.
Id check with whomever you choose to map it re the injectors.

You say stage 2? Has it already been remapped?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Thanks guys,

But I like the fact that Badger5 does a smoke test too and from what I hear he keeps your car for a few days to make sure the MAP is done as best as possible.

Can any of you answer if I will be OK driving the car for a while with the FMIC before getting it remapped?

I dont keep cars for a few days on normal stage 1/2 levels maps, there is no need. Whats possible in the day is done on the day.

FMIC will be fine on std map until you get it mapped yes

Ebes86

Jul 25, 2013
Yes it's currently got a stage 2 map on it from when i brought the car, this was done by AMD Essex.

Ebes86

Jul 25, 2013
I dont keep cars for a few days on normal stage 1/2 levels maps, there is no need. Whats possible in the day is done on the day.

Hi Badger,

Oh i see, I must have been misinformed then with this info, thanks for clearing that up.

Me and my friends who are also VAG enthusiasts have spent many dark cold nights in the garage discussing who to go for the remap and all signs are pointing to you at the moment.

So just to clarify, I will be OK driving the car with a stage 2 map on it with a FMIC and then waiting until I have my other mods done before coming to you to get it remapped?

Would it be a stage 3 remap?

I'm still running standard turbo (I don't plan on changing this, at least not for a long time), have 3" downpipe with miltek 3" exhaust, Forge 007 DV and N249 delete.

I will be going hardpipes all around when i have my FMIC fitted and also having an oil catch tank fitted fabricated and fitted at the same time.

Thanks

Ebes86

Jul 25, 2013

My bad....you said std map, i currently have a map on it so guessing I would need to get it mapped again once i fit the FMIC to make sure I don't cause any engine damage?

Ebes86

Jul 25, 2013
Adding a FMIC is fine on any map, you're not going to do your engine any harm at all by supplying it with cooler air, it'll be happier for it.

Oh and another vote for Bill @ B5 here.

Thanks very much for the advice...appreciate it.

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
Hi Badger,

Oh i see, I must have been misinformed then with this info, thanks for clearing that up.

Me and my friends who are also VAG enthusiasts have spent many dark cold nights in the garage discussing who to go for the remap and all signs are pointing to you at the moment.

So just to clarify, I will be OK driving the car with a stage 2 map on it with a FMIC and then waiting until I have my other mods done before coming to you to get it remapped?

Would it be a stage 3 remap?

I'm still running standard turbo (I don't plan on changing this, at least not for a long time), have 3" downpipe with miltek 3" exhaust, Forge 007 DV and N249 delete.

I will be going hardpipes all around when i have my FMIC fitted and also having an oil catch tank fitted fabricated and fitted at the same time.

Thanks

No i believe this is still stage 2

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.