What did you and your MK2 do today?

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
Mine makes a single clattery noise when it fires up, very unique sound

Can you not get a helicoil in there?

I always avoided changing glowplugs on my old TDI for this very reason.:(

Quick question, what gearbox oil Weight do you guys use for the petrol FR2.0

I currently have 80W-120, gears feel stiff and hell..it was fine the first day but then it just got stiffer.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Quick question, what gearbox oil Weight do you guys use for the petrol FR2.0

I currently have 80W-120, gears feel stiff and hell..it was fine the first day but then it just got stiffer.

You need 75W-80, what you have in is completely wrong and I would get rid before driving the car again :blink:

Deleted member 74601

Changed my LED tick lights back to standard so I can sell the car.

Now I have a spare set of lights, what to do eh? ;)

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
I'm tempted to just get read of the sound proofing on the bonnet, just looks a mess. Plus half the clips that hold it on have vanished.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
I'm tempted to just get read of the sound proofing on the bonnet, just looks a mess. Plus half the clips that hold it on have vanished.

How many are you short of as my new cover came with all new clips and as my one fitted has one missing I'd be more than happy to post you some for free let me know mate

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
This works wonders for cleaning it
http://www.ocado.com/webshop/produc...ray/98782011?gclid=CPLsi_a3jsICFavpwgodI1MAtA

However I've plastidipped mine. It still gets mouldy. It just makes cleaning it easier. I've yet to clear silicone the scuttle yet. That's next.

Cheers for that will look into it. My scuttle was done under the tip in 2012 but obviously as there is still some mold it's not 100%. So when I fit new one next week I shall seal the three holes in the middle.On my last Leon the water on soundproofing was crazy, regards sealing do you know of anybody who has sealed the outside rather than the underside ie between the bonnet and scuttle?

Last edited:

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
Yeah that's fair enough, I might just give it a good clean and it should look better once the clips are sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inertiauk

Nov 22, 2014
Had a full deep clean valet on my car to get rid of the cannabis smell, the previous owner was defiantly a dealer.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Discovered that if you leave the side lights on and lock the car, when you unlock the car the dipped beams come for 30secs.;) once you start the car they revert to sidelights.:)

inertiauk

Nov 22, 2014
Ouch, hope you don't mind the plod chatting to you everytime you pass an ANPR camera.

It was from way out of my area. And I know he only owned it for about 2 weeks. It will be fine, once the smell has gone!

Andi

Back in Black
Mar 5, 2006
Inverness
Bought these recently from Simon aka toosmles. So gave them some love and polished them up ready for fitting next week along with some other goodies.

20141122_122418_zps3q9smtfz.jpg

20141122_122711_zpstu5wfepr.jpg

received_10204536677010964.jpeg_zpsxaznogpf.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise