Silicone wiper blades

Luffer

May 2, 2009
Where can I get Silicone Wiper blades for an '06 Mk2 Leon? I've hunted high and low on the internet and can't seem to find any. Anyone got a source for these?

TIA

inertiauk

Nov 22, 2014
Why not get the Bosch ones ? Wiper blades.co.uk have he best price I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vfr400racer

May 21, 2014
Kent
Ive tried bosch ones but are very noisy and thud on direction change. Get the valeo vm420s. Same as oem and 28 per pair at eurocarparts at mo.

inertiauk

Nov 22, 2014
That's interesting I put Bosch on my a3 which had Valeo on them. And they went from noisey to silent. Based on that I ordered a set for the Cupra.

Hope they aren't noisey / thud as you suggest :-/. They will be here next week we will see.

Luffer

May 2, 2009
Can´t have searched much on google btw^^

"silicone wiper blades leon" on google, first hit;

Honestly, I searched so much! Never got this show up on my results, but thank you! Ordered the PIAA blades (WUK65E) from Fasteronline.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Honestly, I searched so much! Never got this show up on my results, but thank you! Ordered the PIAA blades (WUK65E) from Fasteronline.

£60 for a pair of wiper blades? They'd better be good!

I've got a pair of the Valeo Silencios on the way for £27.58 all in (Amazon).

vfr400racer

May 21, 2014
Kent
Valeo Silencios VM420's. £28 or cheaper you wont get better than these. I made the mistake with the bosch ones and wont make it again. Usually bosch are considered the best but in this case there is no comparison with the silencios.

Dopedpanda

"Old" Hardcore Ford Fan
Jun 15, 2013
Denmark
£60 for a pair of wiper blades? They'd better be good!

I've got a pair of the Valeo Silencios on the way for £27.58 all in (Amazon).

Silicone blades cant be compared to normal rubber blades. They Even coat the screen each time they wipe to further make Them silent and remove water. If you have tried silicone you Will know :p

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Are the SEAT OEM blades rubber or silicon? I've never actually bothered to check TBH.

My current OEM ones have awful judder when there is only light rain on the screen. I thought about using RainX but it has mixed reviews with some people saying it causes smearing and can be extremely difficult to get off again so I'm reluctant to go down that route.

If my OEM ones are rubber then switching to some silicon ones may well be the answer.

Feb 16, 2013
North Wales
Valeo Silencios VM420's. £28 or cheaper you wont get better than these. I made the mistake with the bosch ones and wont make it again. Usually bosch are considered the best but in this case there is no comparison with the silencios.

thats just made my mind up,ill replace mine with these as mine are over a year old now

inertiauk

Nov 22, 2014
Managed to cancel my order for my Bosch. Changed it to Valeo as they hadn't dispatched yet. :).

Dopedpanda

"Old" Hardcore Ford Fan
Jun 15, 2013
Denmark
Are the SEAT OEM blades rubber or silicon? I've never actually bothered to check TBH.

My current OEM ones have awful judder when there is only light rain on the screen. I thought about using RainX but it has mixed reviews with some people saying it causes smearing and can be extremely difficult to get off again so I'm reluctant to go down that route.

If my OEM ones are rubber then switching to some silicon ones may well be the answer.

OEM is rubber 100%

Not a trace of silicone on it. If you blades are already badly worn, try to take some silicone spray/stick and run along in it a couple of times and let the rubber "soak" it in. Now try to use the wipers after. You will get the idea pretty easily. Silicone wipers are actually just that, rubber with silicone in it.

Here is a 2 year old silicone blade vs a NEW normal rubber blade. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99bXzqA1gnY

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise