Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Should probably give it a clean...
3d489832fdfc845f0c63dc5c40dc6619.jpg

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Fitted new bonnet sound proofing and gave bay a clean.Think she could do with new plugs,doesn't like this cold weather(hope that's all it is). Can anybody recommend what ones to get.

Car is factory standard at the moment if that helps.

Regards

Craig

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Well I change my glow plugs the other week and was a nightmare it brought the thread out on the head with it. Had to get them and re-threaded!

Change only if you have to. Such a bad design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Fitted new bonnet sound proofing and gave bay a clean.Think she could do with new plugs,doesn't like this cold weather(hope that's all it is). Can anybody recommend what ones to get.

Car is factory standard at the moment if that helps.

Regards

Craig

I assume from your sig you have a 2.0l Tfsi Cupra? Why do you suspect plugs?

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
Fitted mine last weekend, how did yours fit at the top, mine appeared to be rather loose

this is mine

WP_20141123_002.jpg

WP_20141123_004.jpg

Mine fitted ok at the top. I did contact Triple r because i wasn't happy with the fit of the diffuser in general. They advised to fit the bottom screws first then push the diffuser up with a fair amount of force and hold it why you drill the holes for the top part, i drilled it why my dad held it up and its sound and secure. I did put some velcro behind the panel just to hold in place should i have to remove the screws in future.

Yours looks really well against the red ;-)

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
Well i had another play with the Triple r diffuser today, wasn't very happy with the fit yesterday and had a little more time today to play about with it.

The part that bothered me was where the diffuser sat proud, leaving a gap where the diffuser edge meets the bumper, only on the exhaust side, next to the TCR sticker, just looked awful and it had a white finishing edge, you can see it easily in the picture below -

IMAG0075_zpsd0d03052.jpg

So after a little playing about and after finding the cause of the problem, i managed to get it flush. You could still see the white finishing edge on both sides even when flush, so i touched it in with gloss black paint and it now looks spot on, i forgot to take a picture of it flush but can if anyone wants to see how it should be. Having seen some others on here with the same gap, it's a very easy fix.

I took a few more pictures today when i finished -

IMAG0078_zps1e13fc08.jpg

IMAG0077_zpsba90ce29.jpg

IMAG0079_zps77bd5767.jpg

If anyone has had the same problem or has the problem when fitting one and wants to know the fix, i would be glad to help anyone ;-)

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Me and my mk2 decided to reverse into a car in asda carpark today like a total f*ck wit. I should have known It would end bad with the space I had chosen in the car park as I was in a rush so chose one I usually wouldn't. And I had a big van at the side of my and didn't see the car behind. Luckily I had only moved like a yard and no damage to mind and very slight to her. She was fine with it and going to get a quote at work to see how much It would cost it sort the search out and pull the slight dent out.

Soo annoyed with me self but I will take that as my first bump. lol.

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
At least you did the decent thing and told them mate. Unlike the moron that reversed into mine.

Got my car booked in for paint end of the week, so should have it sorted by next week.

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
At least you did the decent thing and told them mate. Unlike the moron that reversed into mine.

Got my car booked in for paint end of the week, so should have it sorted by next week.

Well she was behind me waiting to pull out
Onto the main road so it wasn't a parked car. She said she didn't even see me reversing so I didn't have much chance of seeing her.

Yeah, I would give my details because like you said it would have been 10x angrier if it happened to me.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
So after a little playing about and after finding the cause of the problem, i managed to get it flush. You could still see the white finishing edge on both sides even when flush, so i touched it in with gloss black paint and it now looks spot on, i forgot to take a picture of it flush but can if anyone wants to see how it should be. Having seen some others on here with the same gap, it's a very easy fix.

As you say its this finishing thats the problem, looks so much better with the touching up you've done, i'll have to do mine too.

To be fair to triple r it is hard to make a product that will sit over the top with that shape, I'm surprised its as good as it is.

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
As you say its this finishing thats the problem, looks so much better with the touching up you've done, i'll have to do mine too.

To be fair to triple r it is hard to make a product that will sit over the top with that shape, I'm surprised its as good as it is.

It does make a difference touching up the white edge, only took me five minutes with a small artist brush and worth it! The finishing is the main problem, i still really don't think it's cheap for what it is, the finish could still be better.

Yes i agree it's not easy to make a product to cover the panel, being the shape it is, but they should really tell you it may need some adjustments to get a good fit. I had to make a few with a file and some sandpaper on the back of the panel to get it near perfect fit plus one other adjustment to lose that ugly gap!

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Well she was behind me waiting to pull out
Onto the main road so it wasn't a parked car. She said she didn't even see me reversing so I didn't have much chance of seeing her.

Yeah, I would give my details because like you said it would have been 10x angrier if it happened to me.

Sorry to hear this mate. Was she fit though ? :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.