Clutch slip 3rd 4th 5th & 6th!!

Bnmtuning

Jul 6, 2014
Leicester
Hi guys

Seat ibiza tdi mk4 130 has been remapped for around a month now. Just these past couple of days the clutch has started to slip, quite bad.

There still seems to be plenty of travel left in the pedal itself though? Cars on 155000 miles now. Now sure when the clutch was last changed mind you.

Any suggestions would be a great help guys, preferbly the cheapest option!

Ta, mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paul_n

Nov 23, 2014
Uptated clutch and solid flywheel time! As well of doing it now and future proofing yourself for more power ;)

Bnmtuning

Jul 6, 2014
Leicester
Iv tried searching ebay for one but no luck! I can't afford to spend 730 dark side are asking! Cheers guys

Bnmtuning

Jul 6, 2014
Leicester
Would it be ok to keep the original dual mass flywheel? & just change the necessary clutch plates ect?

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
You could just depends on how you use and abuse it but inevitably the dmf is likely to go especially at that mileage hence cheaper to change it now rather than have to do it again later on.

paul_n

Nov 23, 2014
False economy. More than half the job will be in labour cost. A solid flywheel will be cheaper.

Agree. Do the solid conversion now. Leaving the dmf in place & just replacing the worn clutch parts will probably have you having to take the box out again in 6 months cos the flywheel is knocking it's brains out. If budget is an issue Luk I think do a reasonably priced conversion kit.

paul_n

Nov 23, 2014
I'll check later on. Performing the thankless task of replacing brake lines in the back of an e46 :banghead:

Bnmtuning

Jul 6, 2014
Leicester
Any luck on this link? Sounds really interesting but iv heard it rattles the hell out of the car! Yet iv also heard it's pretty much the same as the dmf. Is the single plate conversion a lot stronger?

paul_n

Nov 23, 2014
Any luck on this link? Sounds really interesting but iv heard it rattles the hell out of the car! Yet iv also heard it's pretty much the same as the dmf. Is the single plate conversion a lot stronger?

Hi, sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. I haven't enough posts on here to do links yet, still got my L plates on! I was mistaken, it's Valeo that do the conversion kit. Working off Mk4 Golf engine numbers (kit suits 130 & 150bhp 6 speed models) the part no. you need is 835050. I've seen the kit's available in the UK for under £350 complete. I've done a fair few conversions from DMF to solid and usually the only side effects are harshness at idle or some shudder. Doesn't always happen though & 90% of customers were very happy with the conversion. Hope this helps :)

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
I have a SMF fitted to my PD130 Sport. It's a Darkside Developments kit with a SACHS SRE Pressure Plate and Clutch Disc.

All SMF conversions on a 6 Speed 02M gearbox, will chatter. Some are quieter than others, but either way, they will make extra noise as the torque pulses are no longer absorbed by the DMF and transfer straight through to the shafts in the gearbox causing them to lash together.

Unless you're planning on going for big power just replace it with a LuK or SACHS DMF Clutch Kit. The standard clutch will hold around 300ft/lbs all day long, just avoid full throttle 6th gear pulls.

I would recommend replacing the flywheel, clutch and slave cylinder at the same time (as already mentioned) just to do one is false economy. When a DMF fails, it starts putting extra strain on the pressure plate and if you only replace the clutch and leave the DMF, it will probably start ruining your clutch aswell.

Bnmtuning

Jul 6, 2014
Leicester
Thanks for the info guys. As said before the car is mapped & I have been doing full throttle 6th gear in the past :( Do you know how I go about finding the part numbers?

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
I've not had personal issues with them, however, I know someone who has and if you Google Techniclutch, reviews speak for themselves...

That does appear cheap, not sure I would put my faith into it though.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.