Ebay VCDS is this the one to get? UPDATE 2...IT WORKS !! sorry

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
It's got as much chance of working as the next cheapo cable, so buy it and don't be upset if it doesn't work.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
It might work it might not, you get no guarantee with buying a knock off cable.

You pay your money and take your chance.

Aug 31, 2013
Washington Tyne&Wear
It might work it might not, you get no guarantee with buying a knock off cable.

You pay your money and take your chance.

hmmm suppose the genuine one is only 270 quid....

just reading up on them and they seem abit of kit.. I just wanted to do a diagnostic check tbh...

do you kno much about these?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
It sounds like a lot of outlay when you consider you might only use it a few times to do basic things with, but it will be really helpful if you need to diagnose any fault codes etc.., and when you come to sell it you'll still get pretty much what you paid for it.

Buy it new, take the doubt out of it and get support from the supplier (Ross-Tech) so if anything does go wrong or doesn't work you've got a contact there to help fix it, if the cheapo cable doesn't work then the best you might get is being able to return it at your cost.

I've never owned a genuine cable no, but I've bought the cheapo ones before and know from experience they can be very hit and miss, if I wanted one now I'd buy a genuine cable.

Aug 31, 2013
Washington Tyne&Wear
Don't get a lite version, or you won't be able to do everything with it.
Buy it from here: http://www.xcar360.com/super-vag-com-12-12-3-vcds-12-12-3.html
A lot of friends have bought it, works like a charm.

Lite version???
What's different to the one I linked to this??
Might get that you posted then... Where's it from that place as I am in uk
Cheers

Oh also I am using an ibdo2 that I have plugged in and using dash command on my iPhone works ok bit slow thow

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
You can buy an ELM adaptor and use something like the Torque app through your phone, its not bad at doing basics like reading basic fault codes.

Sent from my G3 using Tuppytalk

Aug 31, 2013
Washington Tyne&Wear
You can buy an ELM adaptor and use something like the Torque app through your phone, its not bad at doing basics like reading basic fault codes.

yea I have had this obd2 reader for ages but wanted it to show me boost gauge as it does but its so slow so its poop but it did give me a diagnostic check thow if it is accurate which I think it is took all the ecu deets from my car

Last edited:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
For the cost i found it quite good and it did what i needed it to.

RichardE0

Apr 30, 2014
South Devon
I got mine off eBay, £25 all in. with a cracked copy of vcds 12.12. No longer availiable though but sure to pop up again on eBay/Amazon.

Mcloovin

Sep 19, 2014
Before you buy any cheapo ask for pics of the board inside it first this is the key to a good one or bad one .

slugmaster100

Jan 25, 2014
Don't get a lite version, or you won't be able to do everything with it.
Buy it from here: http://www.xcar360.com/super-vag-com-12-12-3-vcds-12-12-3.html
A lot of friends have bought it, works like a charm.
I second the xcar360 cable. I've bought a few naff cables but for about £20 delivered this one has worked perfectly for me. Only issue between this and a genuine cable is that you can't update it to the latest version.... But it is quite recent anyway

jocco

Feb 28, 2014
Macedonia
Can someone confirm if the xcar360 cable will allow me to change the coming home light and to change the locking of all 4 doors once you start to drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

craig_v520v

Oct 5, 2014
plus.google.com
I got a cable for £5 and just downloaded a cracked vcds lite well its called vwtool but they just changed the name I guess when it was cracked cuz its really vcds lite an it works fine so far I've disabled the passenger airbag as we'll have a baby in the front soon and turned on the lock/unlock chirp and flash

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.