Sachs clutch

is there much extra noise with the smf kits available?
im in the market for a new clutch and will most likely end up going stage two i just dont want a load of noise with it.
is it best to go for an smf at stage two power or will the likes of sachs or helix clutch and flywheel kit be up to the job with out the dmf rattling??

Dopedpanda

"Old" Hardcore Ford Fan
Jun 15, 2013
Denmark
im in the market for a new clutch and will most likely end up going stage two i just dont want a load of noise with it.
is it best to go for an smf at stage two power or will the likes of sachs or helix clutch and flywheel kit be up to the job with out the dmf rattling??

SMF; been there done that, won´t call it LOUD, but its loud enough for me to not being considered daily driveable. Some are worse than others btw, and i haven´t tried it on my Leon 2.0 TSI, and i sure as hell wont after having it on other cars.

m.001

Oct 1, 2012

I have the loba sachs clutch upgrade (smf)
I would compare the noise coming from the clutch to a diesel car engine ticking over, probably not the recent ones though as they make less and less noise.
I dont find it annoying, just sounds like my car is a diesel, no biggie

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
Well fitted a brand new LUK flywheel and LUK clutch kit, did not run any Revo tune on the car yet but I still get this knocking sound from the transmission, I also replaced the trasnmission oil with the recommended weight from the SEAT dealership.

At this point im sick of this car.
some say maybe its because of the aftermarket BSH mounts, but I have had them for more than 5 months already.
so I am going to replace the mounts with some brand new OEM mounts, and placing this crappy junk for sale.

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
Have you checked the round engine/ gearbox mounts in the subframe? Mines was knocking when accelerating or changing gear turned out the top and bottom mounts were worn.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Last edited:

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
Have you checked the round engine/ gearbox mounts in the subframe? Mines was knocking when accelerating or changing gear turned out the top and bottom mounts were worn.

It knocks when in neutral and recently i noticed it still does with the clutch in.
were you refering to your bottom mounts of the engine mounts ?
they are only 5 months old, or are these some other type of mounts ?

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
There's two round mounts that are pressed into the subframe you can only see one if you look under the car ( don't know if they are classed as engine or gearbox mounts). Mines never knocked when in neutral though so might not be even them.

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
There's two round mounts that are pressed into the subframe you can only see one if you look under the car ( don't know if they are classed as engine or gearbox mounts). Mines never knocked when in neutral though so might not be even them.

I'll see if I'll have them checked out.
because its driving me crazy.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members