Essential Cupra upgrades?

Gee

Jan 31, 2014
Essex
Yeah right before Christmas too... just what i need lol (or not) but hey ho! Needs must, after all how could we go without our beloved Cupra's??!! haha

Okay brilliant! so that filter, hoses, couple of jubilee's and i should be fluttering and chattering away?!

Marcus_550

Feb 7, 2013
Stockton On Tees
lol yeh i feel your pain my 1st gear and selector shaft was wrecked when i got it so gearbox out and parts from seat, rear window just smashed on its own, loads of little things just like to break like the esp button, cup holder, battery went, mafs playing up now as well lol yeh but you will most likely love the sound like, like a little kid going past people dumping off haha

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Essential mods:

Boost gauge & oil pressure in A piller

KW V1 Stainless Steel Coilovers
Jabba Sport rear ARB
Seat Sport strut brace
Ebach 20mm hubcentric spacers

DC2500 Front Brake Pads

Forge TIP
Forge 007p DV
Green Cotton cone filter
NewSouth Power Gasket
N249 removed and resistored
N112 removed and resistored
SAI removed and resistored
P-Torque stage 2 map
Full Miltek TB exhaust with race cat
JBS high flow manifold
SuperPro 80 shure dogbone mount
SuperPro Console Bushes Front and Rear
Superpro Anti roll bar bushes
Wavetrac dif
VR6 clutch and lightened flywheel
New Water pump and timing belt

All the above :), I've bolded the biggest gain for me. Excluding the remap. But that did cost a penny or two.

Didn't have much left to when I owned that. Think there where some hoses left to change and the DV relocation kit.

Gee

Jan 31, 2014
Essex
lol yeh i feel your pain my 1st gear and selector shaft was wrecked when i got it so gearbox out and parts from seat, rear window just smashed on its own, loads of little things just like to break like the esp button, cup holder, battery went, mafs playing up now as well lol yeh but you will most likely love the sound like, like a little kid going past people dumping off haha

GOOD NEWS!! Picked up Bee about an hour ago, she's a lot more responsive, and most importantly she doesn't overheated! very happy! has been a very long week haha
Ah the cup holders a common fault? went in my old ibiza got so use to not using it i think ive used it once in the cupra lol!

However im sure i will like the noise too! Can't Wait to get it all fitted now! impatient haha:D

Gee

Jan 31, 2014
Essex
Essential mods:

Boost gauge & oil pressure in A piller

KW V1 Stainless Steel Coilovers
Jabba Sport rear ARB
Seat Sport strut brace
Ebach 20mm hubcentric spacers

DC2500 Front Brake Pads

Forge TIP
Forge 007p DV
Green Cotton cone filter
NewSouth Power Gasket
N249 removed and resistored
N112 removed and resistored
SAI removed and resistored
P-Torque stage 2 map
Full Miltek TB exhaust with race cat
JBS high flow manifold
SuperPro 80 shure dogbone mount
SuperPro Console Bushes Front and Rear
Superpro Anti roll bar bushes
Wavetrac dif
VR6 clutch and lightened flywheel
New Water pump and timing belt

All the above :), I've bolded the biggest gain for me. Excluding the remap. But that did cost a penny or two.

Didn't have much left to when I owned that. Think there where some hoses left to change and the DV relocation kit.

Woh.. That's a lot of stuff!! i best get to work! haha in all seriousness though over what time period did it take you to supply and fit this stuff?!

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Performance mods and suspension took about two years in total with a stage 1 remap.
Then the dif was done in the third year. Bushes where done when my anti roll bar corroded. Some stuff took awhile to develope manifold was the longest wait. Then the clutch was done with the water pump, should have been done with the dif.
Then after 6 years remapped to stage 2 and sold it that day!
And got the barge instead ;)

Last edited:

Gee

Jan 31, 2014
Essex
Gents, how are we all? Little update on Bee for those who can even remember this thread!;)

Got her back last tuesday, just before my birthday! she was running beautifully, slightly quicker, mechanically sound and i was content she was now fit and ready to commence with the upgrades and mods!
Enjoyed using her on my birthday (sister got me my Ramair filter) :D
On the evening of my birthday, i got to the gym and i heard a rattle, thought perhaps an exhaust clip had gone, couldn't see from underneath the car..
Took it back to the garage and the flexi pipe was rattling (having my decat ordered they suggested "putting up with it" until it came.. after another days use the noise got louder and louder to the point it sound like a tractor/lorry! On investigation, i found the downpipe had come away from the manifold!

Its now Tuesday, almost another week i haven't had her and im awaiting delivery of my de-cat!!

had Bee 6 weeks, been able to drive her for 4 of them!:( joys of people selling broken cars!!

Gee

Jan 31, 2014
Essex
However, on Sunday i converted the rear windscreen wiper for that off a polo and wired up my new JL audio component speakers with tweeter! Sound is perfectly clear, sub-woofer is playing up but there is still plenty bass just from the woofers! (Great birthday present from my dad)

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Gents, how are we all? Little update on Bee for those who can even remember this thread!;)

Got her back last tuesday, just before my birthday! she was running beautifully, slightly quicker, mechanically sound and i was content she was now fit and ready to commence with the upgrades and mods!
Enjoyed using her on my birthday (sister got me my Ramair filter) :D
On the evening of my birthday, i got to the gym and i heard a rattle, thought perhaps an exhaust clip had gone, couldn't see from underneath the car..
Took it back to the garage and the flexi pipe was rattling (having my decat ordered they suggested "putting up with it" until it came.. after another days use the noise got louder and louder to the point it sound like a tractor/lorry! On investigation, i found the downpipe had come away from the manifold!

Its now Tuesday, almost another week i haven't had her and im awaiting delivery of my de-cat!!

had Bee 6 weeks, been able to drive her for 4 of them!:( joys of people selling broken cars!!

Is it not the turbo bolts to the manifold? Mine rattled out so I put some stainless steel ones in instead. Under a heat shield at the back of the engine. PITA to get to.

Gee

Jan 31, 2014
Essex
the garage said it was one of the gaskett's that was causing the rattle!

Now had my de-cat fitted and she sounds lovely! got her back yesterday night.. and of course, last night something else went wrong.. Like a broken record now the way the car having problems are stuck on repeat, repeat haha! Took it in this morning and the boost pipe had came off so re-attached and everything is working lovely! (touch wood this is the end of my manic 3 weeks!!) lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise