Tyre Pressure Warning Light

Big Pedro

Dec 9, 2014
When I start up my Altea 1.6 Ecomotive, the tyre pressure warning light pings once before it disappears from the dashboard. It has only recently started to do this and is becoming irritating. The warning system seems to work properly as the sign appeared permanently until my tyre pressures were checked and now all okay.

jamborino

Aug 3, 2009
Correcting the tyre pressure doesn't in itself stop the tyre warning indicator light from coming on. You also have to hold down the tyre pressure button (usually in the middle console) until the light goes off.

Big Pedro

Dec 9, 2014
Thanks jamborino but that's not the issue. It's the fact that there is a ping sound when I turn the ignition on. The warning light doesn't stay on because I have as you said, pressed the reset button. I just want to get rid of the ping every time I turn the ignition on.

jamborino

Aug 3, 2009
Sorry Pedro, I see what you're saying now.

Are you sure the ping is related to the tyre pressure? It's just that lots of the lights momentarily light up and then go out when the engine is started. My car pings on start up when the outside temperature is -4 or lower, as MrDurst has referred to.

Dai_O

Jul 30, 2009
Cardiff
could be a service is due, mine pings me every morning saying service is due

Do you have a full size MFD (multi function display) or the smaller display

Big Pedro

Dec 9, 2014
Thanks Dai_O I think that could be the answer as the spanner symbol appears on start. I only bought the car in July when it had a full service but that may have interrupted the previous sequence so will try and reset. Will let you know. Cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.