Max out K03s Cupra?

Hello Guys,

I am currently in the process of getting all the bits I need together for a Stage 2 upgrade on my 07 Cupra.

So far I have found that Stage 2 consists of;

Air Filter Upgrade
Downpipe/cat/decat
Exhaust System
Forge 007p DV
Silicone Intake Pipe

I am looking at doing this, plus more, I would litterly like to get the absolute max out of my car without changing the turbo - yet.

I am thinking all of the above +

Injectors
Inlet Manifold Spacer
Hard Intercooler Pipework
Cold DV relocation Kit
80mm Maf
Water/meth Injection

What is expected from the extra mods, is there anything anyone else would add or any advice?

Thanks,

Sam

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
I won't bother with the extra mods, perhaps meth injection.

Injectors - don't max the standard ones on a stage 2
Inlet Manifold Spacer - I did it anyway but never logged temps
Hard Intercooler Pipework - Its already metal apart from the "pancake pipe" at the top of the intercooler
Cold DV relocation Kit - DV lasts longer as it dumping cold air instead of hot.
80mm Maf - You'll need the tdi airbox to go with it. But again don't think the ko3's needs any more air. The turbo is small and runs out off puff at around 5k rpm
Water/meth Injection - Never tried it but I think this mod would produce more results than the rest of them.

Last edited:
I won't bother with the extra mods, perhaps meth injection.

Injectors - don't max the standard ones on a stage 2
Inlet Manifold Spacer - I did it anyway but never logged temps
Hard Intercooler Pipework - Its already metal apart from the "pancake pipe" at the top of the intercooler
Cold DV relocation Kit - DV lasts longer as it dumping cold air instead of hot.
80mm Maf - You'll need the tdi airbox to go with it. But again don't think the ko3's needs any more air. The turbo is small and runs out off puff at around 5k rpm
Water/meth Injection - Never tried it but I think this mod would produce more results than the rest of them.

Brilliant, thank you.

I'll get the spacer and think about Meth Injection, of course before the remap.

I also seen that the 2.0 TFSI Coilpacks is an "upgrade", I don't know when mine were last changed, probably never, is it worth me changing them before I get another remap?

Thanks

as ric has said the intercooler top hardpipe makes a noticeable difference and the newsouth power gasket does keep the inlet manifold temps down before i had one fitted the inlet was hot to touch after a drive but with it it wasnt,having said that if your having water meth fitted then that will keep the inlet mani cold anyway.

personally i think both the forge 007p and the relocation kit are a waste of time although i did run a 007p they just seem pointless when the standard bosch item can do the job just fine.

as ric has said the intercooler top hardpipe makes a noticeable difference and the newsouth power gasket does keep the inlet manifold temps down before i had one fitted the inlet was hot to touch after a drive but with it it wasnt,having said that if your having water meth fitted then that will keep the inlet mani cold anyway.

personally i think both the forge 007p and the relocation kit are a waste of time although i did run a 007p they just seem pointless when the standard bosch item can do the job just fine.

So if I want to replace the pipe, is this what I need?

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/SEAT_Ibiza_Cupra_Mk4_Boost_Pipe--product--1086.html

I will be getting the gasket for sure, water and meth maybe...

So I don't need to touch the DV for stage 2? I think my DV may be sticking...could that be an issue, if I could choose, I wouldn't have a DV at all.

Cheers,

Sam

yeah thats the pipe you want just dont over tighten the jubilee clips as the pipe is only ally and the clips will crush it.
the forge pipe is good but could have been made a lot better especially if it wasnt ally.
if your standard valve is faulty it will need replacing its upto you if you go for a forge or bosch valve either way the bosch valve wont be sticking.

yeah thats the pipe you want just dont over tighten the jubilee clips as the pipe is only ally and the clips will crush it.
the forge pipe is good but could have been made a lot better especially if it wasnt ally.
if your standard valve is faulty it will need replacing its upto you if you go for a forge or bosch valve either way the bosch valve wont be sticking.

Thanks, what problems can a sticking DV cause? I love the flutter!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.