Induction advice

Redcoop

BOOOOST!
Oct 27, 2014
Aberdeen
Considering buying a JR open induction kit from the MAF for my 55 plate ibiza cupra, whats everyones opinions on this anyone done it or is it worth doing?
Thanks im advance!

Lowe

Jan 8, 2012
Newcastle Under Lyme
Could just get a Honda S2000 air filter for a lot less. You might need a bit of silicone pipe if you want to put it somewhere else in the bay.

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Stick with stock and just replace the filter more often. I've spent more on induction kits/open cones/after market filters than I care to think of.

I'm sure seat spent more than £20 on the development of the air intake.... perhaps.

On my current car all engine parts are stock original DV, original air filter and they've handed an increase of 100bhp just from a remap alone.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Only thing open filter gives is more noise and heatsoak, performance wise a decent cotton panel filter in the original box and PD160 scoop works just as well.

Last edited:
I have a RamAir filter on my TDI and 20VT, 70mm £20 ebay....or £30 for metal based version.

My Diesel gets a sucking noise at low RPM then "sneezes" when you let off under boost. If you push the clutch down at the same time as letting off the throttle, you get massive flutter.

My 20vt however, she sucks, spools up, then screams under boost! Then flutters like crazy when you let off!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.