Help? weird noise.

dkaric

Mar 19, 2008
Croatia
About the first sound m8,
I have the same problem for some time, it escalated a bit right after I had the thiming belt changed.
All pulleys, rolls and belts were changed, the only thing that remained is the alternator bearing (inner).
And it got louder because the new belt is a bit tighter so it makes a bit more tension on those bearings.
This is the way I have pinpointed the problem.
It also gets louder when warm, and the noise is a bit like scratching/whispernig/silent grinding.

if you are not sure, take a hose, cut it off to a meter, put your ear on one side, and the other side on the alternator - it helps to insulate the other noises present when tdi is runnig.
[B)]

Last edited:

Bashiee

Torque Winning - TDI
Aug 3, 2012
I took it down a garage.. they could not spot the sound. Ironically i tried to get the sound to appear and it didnt.
I think as soon as i get it too come back il take it to the garage again.

Cheers though guys :)

Bashiee

Torque Winning - TDI
Aug 3, 2012
HOPEfully its nothing lol, im taking my car in to seat wednesday to try sort out my airbag error aswell il ask them about it see if they know what it is. il let you know :)

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
HOPEfully its nothing lol, im taking my car in to seat wednesday to try sort out my airbag error aswell il ask them about it see if they know what it is. il let you know :)

Did you find out what the noise was related to?

I got Midland VW to advise on the buzzing noise on shut off and they pointed it out to be something relate to the EGR valve as it has an anti-shudder valve to make sure the engine just doesnt come to an abrupt stop.

They said its nothing much to worry about either

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
My car has a strange rattle clunk when I turn it off, its not a Diesel its a FR Mk2.
I recently replaced the flywheel and clutch kit. what the hell is going onn -_____-

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
My car has a strange rattle clunk when I turn it off, its not a Diesel its a FR Mk2.
I recently replaced the flywheel and clutch kit. what the hell is going onn -_____-

First thing I was going to say would be flywheel but as its new it can't be that I'm guessing it's brand new and if fitted at a garage take them the car to get their opinion.

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
First thing I was going to say would be flywheel but as its new it can't be that I'm guessing it's brand new and if fitted at a garage take them the car to get their opinion.

Thanks for you're input.

well the chief mechanic of Prowin Motors (Audi & SEAT Dealer) is telling me plainly that he doesn't know what it is at this point.

Im just fed up with the car, im not even going to bother anymore, that's why I have not shared any updates.
I'm about to sell it in a few months.
I'm just going to prepare it by Ordering some new LED tail lights and make it look a bit better.

I changed the whole interior and roof and replaced it with some brand new Black and white leather seats with the OEM emblem.

Thanks.

colmclarke

Mar 9, 2015
Similar Problem

Hi Guys, I'm new to this so. I have got a Seat leon mk1 2002 1,9tdi which is having funny problems.
On turning the key to the 2nd position, there is a noise that is normal and i can only assume its the fuel pump, or automatic primer or something of this nature. This noise used to go away after a few seconds but its not stopping now. I have located whatever is making the noise to be underneath the wiper fender on the drivers side.
When i start the car after about 1 second the car cuts off with a traction light on constant, and a flashing oil light, there is not immobilizer light on to suggest the key is at fault.

I have however recently changed the ECU on the car, and changed the ignition barrel and the clocks so im not sure if this is the problem or if the problem could be a faulty fuel pump or engine speed sensor.
The car has been lying for about 12 months after if had a head gasket changed so its also a possibility that the timing may be off.

Where is the best place to start, it seems very much so that it is an electrical problem as i'd imagine if it was a pump the car would at least use the fuel in the filter.

Any help would be great, i'm coming to the end of the road and don't know where to go from here.

Thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.