Convenience Pack - No auto wipers!!

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
I don't have the convenience pack and mine looks exactly the same, don't think it's that easy sadly. However, the switch ontop of mine adjusts intermittent speed instead of sensitivity.

I've definitely got Convenience Pack, but my switch controls intermittent speed.
Unless they wait for me to drive off before starting up?
I always clean the screen before I move.
maybe that's it....

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I always set my control back off auto every time I park, as I didn't want it maybe starting when I first got in the car in case it was frozen, so I don't know if you have to kickstart it or not. The easy way to tell if it's working is leave it in the Auto/Interment setting (one click up) and if it is raining it should go on and off at a level to clear the rain, and when it stops raining, so do the wipers. If you only have intermittent, it will carry on at the speed set on the top control even when it is dry and no rain.

Stever750

Nov 20, 2014
West Wales
It's not the most predictable system, but I've left in in auto. Occasional delay after start up but if the screen is wet it eventually kicks in. However, you might want to manually operate the wipers as the delay is sometimes too long. It's Mo big deal though, for the most part in variable showers it works great.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Can anyone confirm that the Auto wipers can be switched back to normal wipers using VCDS or even the onboard menu's ?

I am looking at a couple of Leon's but they have the convenience pack and I hate auto wipers with a vengeance.

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
As above, if you uncheck it on the infotainment system they should work as normal intermittent wipers.

20150212_101724_zpsd50bg8mt.jpg

Mr Mustard

Jan 24, 2015
South East
Can anyone confirm that the Auto wipers can be switched back to normal wipers using VCDS or even the onboard menu's ?

I am looking at a couple of Leon's but they have the convenience pack and I hate auto wipers with a vengeance.
Me too. If autos had been standard I would have paid for manual wipers.

ChrisG

Apr 22, 2002
Hants
Yep we initially specced ours without the Convenience Pack simply because of the auto wipers. Wifey eventually decided she couldn't do without auto headlights and dimming mirror so we changed the order but glad the auto wipers can be turned off. She tried it for a couple of weeks but soon got fed up with them not wiping often enough, so we're now on manual settings.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.