What's my gearbox code on my vehicle data sticker?

Toledo16vTdi

Jan 5, 2014
Trying to determine what gear oil my box requires, it doesn't state in manual to change oil anywhere just add if required. What do you guys recommend it's done 80k now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toledo16vTdi

Jan 5, 2014
On section 3 which is id code for motor and gearbox it just states BKD and next to this a hand written number 358566 then below this is just the paint code LS9N
If I need to look for it on the box where would it be stamped? I know on my old golfs it used to be on the bell housing.

Last edited:

spud31

Rail Zip User
Jul 14, 2011
G052171a2 if its a 6speed
Either get genuine of fuchs sintofluid fe
takes 2.3ltrs

Toledo16vTdi

Jan 5, 2014
Cheers pal, I was reading somewhere mixing the two different types of the oils that were used in these 6sp boxes as it cause a reaction and is to be avoided and to get the same oil that's in there.

Toledo16vTdi

Jan 5, 2014
Is it recommended to do a complete change of fluid some people say it make the box worse and is best to keep its original fluid in there and just top it up. The motive has done 80k now

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
G052171a2 if its a 6speed
Either get genuine of fuchs sintofluid fe
takes 2.3ltrs

Spud, which have you used ?....Genuine or Fuchs ?..................who makes the "Genuine" stuff ? ....When I went to local dealer the guy looked up spec on the "Comma" Oil website ...is that an indication who makes it ????

Paul

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.