Door rattles!!

robo6

Oct 14, 2013
Durham
I've had the car to the dealer nearly 10 times now and they cannot fix the door rattles (im covinced it's caused by the poor fitting of the insert part with lighting to the rest of the door card). I'm going to have to do it myself. Does anybody know the part numbers and where to get the door clips just in case I break some? Any how to guides on here for taking the door cards off?

dimucci

Oct 23, 2014
Don't bother forking out for dedicated trim removers. I bought some tough plastic bicycle tyre levers and used them - filing down one where necessary. Cost me 99p!

NinjaPirateUK

Alor Blue Leon SC 1.8 TSI
Sep 7, 2009
A proper set of trim tools is worth having.

Used correctly, they can make things a lot easier. You can pick up a cheap set for next to nothing. I'm not disagreeing that you could get the door cards off with something else, but these are a lot better than prying things with an old screwdriver!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004P3VQEC

KenTT

I've had the car to the dealer nearly 10 times now and they cannot fix the door rattles (im covinced it's caused by the poor fitting of the insert part with lighting to the rest of the door card). I'm going to have to do it myself. Does anybody know the part numbers and where to get the door clips just in case I break some? Any how to guides on here for taking the door cards off?

Hum, I have noticed a slight intermittent rattle from the back edge of the drivers side lower plastic door panel. Hope this is not the start of things to come. It's only now done 120 miles :blink:

larrychips

Cupra 280 SC DSG
Nov 16, 2014
There's a recall on 2014 models for this . I had mine done yesterday

I have noticed that my passenger side door rattles a bit on my SC Cupra. It's only really noticable at slow speeds on poor roads. Are you saying I can take it to a dealer to sort out (for free)? Its not major, but it is a little annoying...and would not expect it from a brand new car, I've only had it a week and a half!

robo6

Oct 14, 2013
Durham
Thanks for the link to the remover tool :) Does anyone know where I can get replacement door clips as I expect I'll probably break a few.

Yes, the rattles get really bad - I'm 20k miles in now on a 63 plate 184 SC. Had the car back to SEAT so many times, but they can't fix it. Problem is the doors are just very badly designed (where the insert bit with the LED fixed to the rest of the door is the problem).

Such a shame as the rest of the car is good quality.

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
Best bet is to get them off Ebay can call the main dealer up but they'll charge you way more than there worth Just buy a pack of 20 normally about £5 shipped and then you should be all sorted for the life of the car

Would also grab a set of pliers if you don't already have some the clips have a habit of staying in the door and separating from the door card.

Daniel1431

Jun 21, 2008
Walsall, West Midlands
My drivers side rattles like crazy. It is terrible. Taking it back to the dealers to try and have it corrected at some point over the holidays. Also need to get the misting out of my back light cluster

cybman

Apr 21, 2014
any solution? any dealer fixed the rattle?

I have rattles in both doors :(. each day is even worse.

need to visit my dealer

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
The dealer places material behind the door cards (sponge like), the clips that hold the door card in place are not reusable, so make sure your dealer has replaced them all or the door will creak like knackered stairs.

Jay Leon

Oct 9, 2014
My 3 door se model also has a slight noise coming from passenger door. It seems to be coming from the point where the two plastics meet at the edge of the door .If I put my hand on the gap when the cars moving it seems to stop it. I'm thinking of putting something in the gap that may solve it without taking panels off.... Any thoughts on what could go in there?? Cheers

cybman

Apr 21, 2014
from outside when i made a litle press in the window i hear some noise from the rubber.

very bad quality rubber :(

MarkBeatty72

Aug 3, 2014
Blyth, Northumberland
My 3 door se model also has a slight noise coming from passenger door. It seems to be coming from the point where the two plastics meet at the edge of the door .If I put my hand on the gap when the cars moving it seems to stop it. I'm thinking of putting something in the gap that may solve it without taking panels off.... Any thoughts on what could go in there?? Cheers

Use white tack or blu tack. Worked wonders for me. Just push/force it down the gap using a credit card or similar and trim to remove any excess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monsoon

Dec 13, 2013
Wedging a small piece of soft plastic/rubber between the door card and the door has cured mine - a 5 minute job and not noticeable to look at. Far quicker and easier than booking it in at the dealer or fiddling around removing door coverings and fixing padding.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.