tsr performance. what do you think?

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Hi there. Got a 2004 lcr running stage 2 revo map but toying with the idea of going for a custom map. Just looking for any opinions on tsr performance. I know they are a sponsor on this site so hopefully they are good. Or should I travel futher to badger 5. What does everyone think.

MalcB

Quantock Hill Billy
Sep 13, 2011
Taunton
In my opinion TSR are excellent at what they do. As a family we have numerous VAG cars. From a 1.8T MK2 Golf thru MK4 R32, POLO Gti, Cupra R etc etc even MK2 Leon FR TDi (my company car) . TSR look after all of them. They build great performance engines and performance accessories. They have a top end rolling road now as well. In other words they get a thumbs up from me !!

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Thanks for your reply bud. Do you know much about there custom remaps? Will be driving from plymouth so dont want to be disappointed but from what you say I should be happy when I leave. Never had a custom map so all a bit new to me lol. Any other thoughts and opinions would be great. Cheers everyone.

MalcB

Quantock Hill Billy
Sep 13, 2011
Taunton
Sorry I havn't got a any experience of custom mapping at TSR but I do know they have mapped all sorts. They are currently building their own race MK5 Golf and have a track Leon. Have seen some pretty potent S3's come out of there. Just a thought as you're in Plymouth .....have a word with Engine Tuner. Martyn (Boss's son) really knows how to map cars he does it all day long. He did my Scooby when I had one. Also know he has mapped a Merlin engined Bentley !!.

http://www.enginetuner.co.uk/

Bentley.jpg

Last edited:

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
To be honest mate engine tuner seems to be interested in only one thing and that is scoobys. He fitted my exhaust and when I asked bout live mapping he said that they dont like vag cars. Overboost and difficult to get right. So I dont think he will be intersted. From what you are saying tsr seem a definite option.

MalcB

Quantock Hill Billy
Sep 13, 2011
Taunton
To be honest mate engine tuner seems to be interested in only one thing and that is scoobys. He fitted my exhaust and when I asked bout live mapping he said that they dont like vag cars. Overboost and difficult to get right. So I dont think he will be intersted. From what you are saying tsr seem a definite option.

Fair enough. Only ever seen Japmobiles there when I've been down. Mostly EVO's, Scoobies and Skylines

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Hi. I have got miltek turbo back with a sports cat. Badger 5 oversize tip. Pipercross panel filter. Running a revo stage 2 map. Aint got a front mount and to be honest will probably never will. The reason I want a custom map is that the last time my car was on a set of rollers it produced 267bhp and 328ft lb of torque. As everyone knows that is way way to much torque for the rods. As it is a generic map that aint alot I can fiddle with and the map is very peaky. So my thinking is go custom so the map can suit the mods I have. Amy different thoughts would be welcome. Cheers

cupra-db

Jun 13, 2010
fmic is a great mod
no idea why it gets so over looked
especially for you lcr guys
loads of room to do one!
custom map FTW
no idea why anyone would choose generic on these old engines
they are all so different now

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
dont down grade power
up grade rods :)

Lol.like that saying mate but can't afford it. Stage2 is enough for me. I would love a fmic but money is tight. Dont want to down grade power but know that the torque needs lowering so think a custom map is the way to go. Hope to raise the bhp abit with a custom map as it seems a bit low. We shall see I guess.

cupra-db

Jun 13, 2010
yeh rods arent cheap i know.
fmic will help so much in many ways
and you know about the wellycooler ?
can be done for 200 ish?

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
yeh rods arent cheap i know.
fmic will help so much in many ways
and you know about the wellycooler ?
can be done for 200 ish?

Funny that. I find myself looking at fmic now. Lol. Will see if I can afford it. Like the idea of one but dont want hassle of fitting it.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester

That surely implies a generic map gets too many horses out of an 'old' engine? In which case every generically remapped engine would suffer damage with age?

Last edited:

Bouncerbeater

Old enough to know better
Mar 15, 2013
Gloucestershire
That surely implies a generic map gets too many horses out of an 'old' engine? In which case every generically remapped engine would suffer damage with age?

I would read it as every motor is so different nowadays with age/mileage etc that a one size fits all is always some kind of compromise be it too much torque or not enough bhp.blah blah

Last edited:

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
fmic is a great mod
no idea why it gets so over looked
especially for you lcr guys
loads of room to do one!
custom map FTW

You are a bad person. Lol. I have only gone and purchased a intercooler lol. Pier pressure at its best.

cupra-db

Jun 13, 2010
i was only joking lol
my s3 pulls much better now with it on. no power dying
when you get it custom mapped it will help no end!

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Yeah I was convinced very easily lol. May get tsr to fit it then map it. I went for the slightly more expensive of a airtec fmic as I dont want the crash bar being cut. Look forward to getting it all done then I will be running a true stage 2.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.