VAGCOM tweaks / upgrades

Cookies

May 18, 2014
County Down
Hi guys,

A good friend has an Audi A4 B8 and has found a number of tweaks that can be made to his car via VAGCOM such as needle sweep when the ignition is switched on, passenger side mirror tilts down when reverse gear is selected, cornering lights enabled.

Given that the Exeo is basically an A4 B7, does anyone know of anything that can be done like this?

Cheers and Merry Christmas.

Cooks

luap64

Aug 27, 2014
Hull, East Yorkshire
Cooks
I have just had a shuffty around the settings in Vagcom this week, afraid its a no to needle sweep but it will allow needle or needle & dial lit at ignition on.Also its a no to mirror tilt & cornering fogs. Mine has cornering headlights ( xeno's ) there is a thread on here with some of the adaptations you can do.The Exeo uses the B7 architecture so it does not have the bells & whistles of the B8 system.
I have increased the park sensor sound as it was a little to low & increased the rear led lights as they seemed a little dim.
Paul

Last edited:

Cookies

May 18, 2014
County Down
Cheers Paul

I'd Def be interested in increasing the parking sensor sound as I frequently have to turn the radio volume down when reversing. Not too worried about the cornering lights as I have the adaptive xenons too, just thought it was cool to see cars with one foglight on coming out of a junction lol.

I'll have a look around and see if I can find that thread.

Cheers bud

Cooks

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
what equipment do you need for vagcom/vcds (that's the same thing right?). I've seen cables on ebay for £10 and others for £50 with a CD.

Would the £50 option allow me to do the things mentioned in the guide luap64 linked too?

luap64

Aug 27, 2014
Hull, East Yorkshire
Morning Chaps
I have a VCDS obtained from 'Tbay' running 12.12 software ( £45 ) seller was local to me so called to collect it, he is a very knowledgeable chap & offered help if I had any problems. If you do want Vagcom PM me & I will send you the link.
I will put together a list of the adaptations I have done & how too over the Xmas period.
This is what I have managed to do so far .........

1.. Increased the volume on the reverse speaker
2.. Brightened the rear LED lights
3.. Disabled the cold check on the fogs, I now have led fogs...Yesss !! & no bulb check warnings ( pic's to follow )
4.. All dash needles lit at ignition on

Some of the adaptations in Cooks link will not be available as they seem to be for the B8 & as you all know the Exeo is the B7 platform.
Paul

Cookies

May 18, 2014
County Down
Nice one Paul. I'd be very interested in getting the bulb warning turned off altogether.

Would love to have LED fogs too!!

Cheers bud.

Cooks

luap64

Aug 27, 2014
Hull, East Yorkshire
Hi All
How to deactivate the cold diagnosis on the fogs ...
1....Fire up your VCDS
2... click on Select Control Mod
3... Click on Common
4.... 09 Cent Elec
5... adaptation 10
Click on the drop down box & scroll down to Fog Cold Diagnosis this will be set to 0 change to 1, hit save viola you can now fit LED fogs....:whistle: but as there is always a but if you turn the fogs on via the light switch they will bring up a bulb error, I'm not bothered as I never use the fogs
DSC_0031_zps2b8cce62.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_0032_zps85a32574.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_0033_zpsc7931ae4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hope this helps
Paul

mcdonald

Another nice tweak is to have the speed displayed on the radio. After adding this tweak you can switch it on/off in the radio settings.
I also have my doors locked above 10mph.

For the radio go to 56 Radio (Concert II+), choose Adaptation channel 002 and select 1:
0 = Driving school function / time display off.
1 = Driving school function: Activation through Setup possible.
2 = Driving school function: No activation through Setup possible.
3 = Time display. Activation through Setup possible.
4 = Time display. No activation through Setup possible.

For locking the doors above 10mph (15km/h) go to 46 Central Electronics, select coding and add 00032.

Note: Always make an autoscan of your car first! This way you have the current settings in case something goes wrong and you want to go back to the default or previous setup.

Last edited:

Exe_LeonCR

Exeo ST
Feb 12, 2012
Devon
I turned on locking churp which is useful to know that doors are closed and fully locked when walking away from the car.

andychef1234

Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen
I'm looking at seeing if I can set car to auto lock after 30 seconds or something like that. Had it on my Leon fr which I think was standard but had a incident enrol ins the car not being locked and a thief helping themselves to my oakleys. Also my Leon had a function of when I held down lock on the key the mirrors folded up themselves and windows closed, my windows do this when I hold the lock but not mirrors. Any advice on vag com for this would be great.

Cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.