Aiming for the Masses - Uzi's 305BHP Mk4 Ibiza Cupra TDi (MODs & Pictures on 1st post

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
Just been reading through last few pages of my RR...not been on this much because as most of you know I have been extremely busy for the past year, esp past 6 months. Work and new ventures etc all making my time very short.
The car has been running very well, not much has changed, had a few small problems, coolant pipe leak, stripped threads on head for manifold. Nothing that wasn't a quick fix. Changed the colour of the car a few times since last year :p
Got a starting issue which I think is an immob/cluster problem but not 100% sure.

Still have a completely ported head with bigger inl and exh valves sitting ready to go on, just need to buy all new bolts and possible new cam and injectors for it. Then swap it out and sell the old one.

Here are some pics of her...

IMG_3730_zpsaa77eded.jpg

IMG_3756_zpsb904d55c.jpg

IMG_4587_zpsbc350d7a.jpg

Changed it a few different colours, but not got pics, its currently matt black..

IMG_5711_zps203bc1e4.jpg

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
The lowest figures from 3 RRs on same machine was 304bhp, 419lb.ft torque.
But due to work and needing the car to be a reliable but quick car I played safe and changed the map to more reasonable parameters for everyday driving.
I'll go balls out again when the new head goes on, whenever that day comes...I'm not sure what's it's running just now, maybe 280??
Uzi

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Wow is all I can say I would be happy with just 240bhp :( but ain't got the money needed to get ethere with having to buy a new intercooler and brake discs.

I have followed this thread for quite some time and I have loved seeing this car improve each update there is only a few tdi cupraal running high power now in this site now yours being the most powerful now I believe I love what u have done to this car and I love the new color keep up the good work I wish I could get my car half as good as yours

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
The lowest figures from 3 RRs on same machine was 304bhp, 419lb.ft torque.
But due to work and needing the car to be a reliable but quick car I played safe and changed the map to more reasonable parameters for everyday driving.
I'll go balls out again when the new head goes on, whenever that day comes...I'm not sure what's it's running just now, maybe 280??
Uzi

I got a ported pd150 head I never put on my Leon. You can have it cheap if you want.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
Wowww....can't believe how long I haven't been on this! I still have the Cupra and its been running really well. I've not done much work to it in agesssss, until recently - took the gearbox off for an overhaul as the main bearing was noisy.

I MAY be breaking the car for parts instead of re fitting the gearbox because the car just doesn't get used much any more. My daily driver is an S5 and I've got the new Golf R coming next month - and I certainly don't need 3 cars!

Most likely be selling everything off the car - unless someone offered me good money for the whole car in a driving state...decisions :confused:

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
You'll probably get more money for parts but possibly easier selling as a whole.

I've just read through this RR and it's a truly fantastic read! Excellent work on the motor. It's unfortunate that I don't have the funds anymore to push me above my 230bhp and lowly GTB1756VK :(

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
You'll probably get more money for parts but possibly easier selling as a whole.

I've just read through this RR and it's a truly fantastic read! Excellent work on the motor. It's unfortunate that I don't have the funds anymore to push me above my 230bhp and lowly GTB1756VK :(

Thanks dude! A lot of time and effort (and money of course) has gone into this and as much as I'd love to keep it sometimes you just got to learn to let go :(

Well I don't mind stripping it - wouldn't take me long to get it to a bare shell! Plus not sure if i could sell the whole thing - as I said it would need to be a tasty offer for me to let it go that way.

Mar 19, 2010
Whats the engine spec(sorry not read thread in a while and forgot haha)? and this car is awesome, always loved reading this thread as I was developing my ibiza. sounds like youve got some awesome new cars though :O

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
The spec of the car at the moment is as follows:

Engine:
Re-Bored bottom end to fit 81mm pistons (now 2.0l)
Custom balanced race spec big end and main bearings
ARP big end and main bolts
Rosten performance forged con rods
Revised oil pump (bored pickup)
3 hole head gasket
Fully ported head
Custom inlet manifold
Newmans custom CAM
Firad 1043 nozzles (Think they're +50% but can't actually remember because I had them modified to suit my requirements at the time)
2.25" Full intercooler/turbo pipework to inlet
4 bar MAP sensor
MAF delete
3" Custom OMI (TIP)
GTB2260VK Turbo wit vac actuation
Custom exh manifiold
3" full stainless steel exhuast
Spec stage 3+ clutch
Spec SMF
ProVent CVV filter
AEM water methanol (Doesn't get used)
Oil pressure guage
Oil temp guage
Boost guage

Suspension:
Quaife LSD
Seat sport momo Top strut
Whiteline rear ARB
20mm rear spacers
Reinforced driveshaft joints
Reinforced engine mounts/bushes
D2 fully adjustable coilovers w adjustable top mounts & droplinks

Brakes:
Braided lines
Uprated fluid
256mm vented rear break conversion

Exterior is mainly standard apart from the colour. There’s probably things I've missed but I’d say it’s about right.

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
What is the bhp of this car fully stage 3 tuned with your ported head and 2.0l pistons

305bhp 420lb/ft torque on one of the aggressive maps.
I needed the car for long journeys too so the map was changed and at a guess I'd say I'm running somewhere between 260-280bhp with plenty of torque.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members