squeeky wiper blades

Tricksc

It's Tricky
Dec 29, 2011
Sheffield
i bought a set of wipers brand new from my local seat dealer back in october last year they only lasted a month cause they started squeeking so they replaced them for free in november & now theses one have started squeeking just before xmas again but it not done it as much but now they have started squeeking again its clearing the raining when its raining but it still squeeks anyone had this before on there mk5 ibiza on here & any advice.

cheers tricksc

Vol

Jan 8, 2015
Mine squak to the point I try not to use them but haven't had time to replace them with aftermarket ones, was looking at getting some Bosch ones.

Deleted member 67732

on 2 brand new cars I have experienced squeaking after a short time, both times I have renewed with bosch aerotwin wiper blades ,i wont use anything else now.

britishsligean

Dec 23, 2014
Ireland
First check they're on correctly i had new blades put on my mk4 and they squeaked but that later turned out t be they weren't put in their locking holes, if that's the case, just go and buy some Bosch, i've never had a problem with them, be it on my car or my parents cars

Last edited:

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
Mine juddered and clunked as well until I removed the motor and linkage before cleaning and packing with LM grease. Then with new Bosch Aero Twin wiper blades they work like new.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I've forgotten what brands the original wipers were, but as VAG only seem to use Valeo or Bosch, I tend to identify which they are and replace with same brand. So far the Ibiza has not ever had noisy wipers, both the fronts and rear got damaged from being iced on to the screen when I got the car from daughter, but an expensive trip to Halfords fixed that!

Vol

Jan 8, 2015
What size are the wipers? As I think mine are too small as they only lock into one side with a gap at the other clip, if that makes sense... But yes could someone tell me the correct wiper size? Thanks.

Tricksc

It's Tricky
Dec 29, 2011
Sheffield
I've forgotten what brands the original wipers were, but as VAG only seem to use Valeo or Bosch, I tend to identify which they are and replace with same brand. So far the Ibiza has not ever had noisy wipers, both the fronts and rear got damaged from being iced on to the screen when I got the car from daughter, but an expensive trip to Halfords fixed that!

i'm on my 5th set in 3 & half yrs i go through alot of wipers cause i drive mainly motorways alot also on my 3rd windscreen due to stone chips & cracks & this is the 1st time i've ever had a problem with the ibiza so not done bad at all.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
It turns out that it was Bosch that I fitted to front and rear of daughter's 2009 Ibiza - the Halfords buy was a "distress purchase" as the first time I used the car, I thought "what the -- was she thinking about" !

Wee-nemo

'13 Cupra - Nevada White
Nov 17, 2013
Aberdeen
It should also be noted that a dirty windscreen and hard water spots will cause squeaking and smearing. A very thorough clean improves things dramatically, I've taken to using white vinegar and a proprietary auto glass cleaner, and a 'magic sponge' from the cleaning aisle in supermarkets for decent results. Your wipers should also be replaced every 6 months or so for maximum effectiveness, all that tiny grit and dried bugs they slide over thousands of times in their life cycle tears and scratches the rubber, leading to the film of tiny water droplets after every wipe. Don't forget aswell to give the inside of the screen a thorough clean occasionally, you'd be amazed at the film of crap being thrown out by the blowers and how much clearer the screen is afterwards.

I am a little OCD about having a clean windscreen!

Tricksc

It's Tricky
Dec 29, 2011
Sheffield
It should also be noted that a dirty windscreen and hard water spots will cause squeaking and smearing. A very thorough clean improves things dramatically, I've taken to using white vinegar and a proprietary auto glass cleaner, and a 'magic sponge' from the cleaning aisle in supermarkets for decent results. Your wipers should also be replaced every 6 months or so for maximum effectiveness, all that tiny grit and dried bugs they slide over thousands of times in their life cycle tears and scratches the rubber, leading to the film of tiny water droplets after every wipe. Don't forget aswell to give the inside of the screen a thorough clean occasionally, you'd be amazed at the film of crap being thrown out by the blowers and how much clearer the screen is afterwards.

I am a little OCD about having a clean windscreen!

thankyou for that will try that aswell also will be having new wiper motor fitted aswell.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.