Dyno in Birmingham/MIDLANDS

m3eater

Aug 14, 2014
Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows of any reputable garages with a rolling road in the area? had my car serviced today and was told it's not anywhere near the 330bhp it was advertised as when i bought it. think they plugged it in and checked the software or something. i do find this hard to believe with the power available and the cars i've left behind.
it was advertised as stage2 but i've been told it's possibly stage1. it has got a milltek de-cat, itg filter so i don't see why it wouldn't have had the st2 remap. oh it's a cupra k1 bw :)
also, is there a way to change the settings with any of the in car controls?

m3eater

Aug 14, 2014
thanks, i shouldve said i'm aware of these guys. i've actually been advised to look elsewhere

m3eater

Aug 14, 2014
well i gave midland vw a call and they were able to book me in for today. may aswell give them a try if everyone says they are reputable. just hope i don't get told it is stage1 now lol

m3eater

Aug 14, 2014
well the figures are in! looks like the guy at NVmotorsport was correct. the dyno first run came out at 270 bhp with 280.8 lbf.ft torque (torque means nothing to me) he said it looked as though the car had been mapped but the settings lost due to the battery being disconnected at some point. not sure when this happened as i thought the car felt slower after getting it back last week with a new clutch. i must have been driving it around pretty much standard for the past few months i guess. second run came out at 296 bhp after he made a few adgustments and 277.9 lbf.ft torque. i believe the power dropped again on the next run to 280 bhp he then lowered some settings and that resulted in a slightly higher reading. votex have confirmed this morning that they did remap the car to stage2 so i'm not sure why it's not getting upto around 330bhp. the mechanic basically said he'd need a proper look on a ramp to check there are no leaks or anything causing me to lose power. i have to say it already feels much better though. really can't believe how much i've had to spend on it since buying it really. this was to just make sure i'd not been sold a stage1 car, but i'm still not so sure..

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise