Common problems with lowered lcrs?

scottbmxer

Apr 15, 2014
High Wycombe
I have my car lowered on shocks and springs 50/40 and already one of my outer cv joints has gone and I think rear beam bushes are on the way out as they are squeeking!

Is there any common things that go or anything that could do with uprating to prevent problems?

Last edited:

Richie29

Nov 1, 2014
Harrogate
When lowering any car you will put more strain on a lot of things!!! Get uprated bushes put in last longer than the car know doubt!!! As for cv joints maybe wear and tear or just old!!!

Richie29

Nov 1, 2014
Harrogate
Personally I'd do front wish bone anti roll bar and then the rear beam bushes and go for power flex or something along them lines I wanna see what the problem solving are like when I do mine cause they have a life time warranty!!!

Matty589

Feb 22, 2014
When I lowered mine my cv joints got very noisy so in the end I got some engine spacers and a chassis notch and it's been fine since. With the bushes I would do lower arm, top mounts, anti roll bar
That's what's done on mine

Matty589

Feb 22, 2014
It's on coilovers with no helpers so pretty low lol
29b6435f77c5e12c6b31d13bdd744bf7.jpg

I think engine spacers would be a bit much for you. Ur joint probably went because or age.

Matty589

Feb 22, 2014
I haven't had a squeaking on mine. U could try spraying a bit of spray on the rear bushes just to make sure that's where it's coming from.

IrishCupra

Mar 25, 2013
Matty, your LCR looks great! What do you mean by helpers sorry? and would you know the offset and width of those wheels? I bet theyre a pain to keep clean!

Richie29

Nov 1, 2014
Harrogate
Helpers are the spring adjusters in the rear take the adjuster out and leave the thread for about 10-15mm lower but if you want super low take out the adjuster completely just leave the spring in .

IrishCupra

Mar 25, 2013
Think I got lucky, place near me was closing down and I got them for £400. They're selling out for 650-750 online! Damping adjustment and everything!

IrishCupra

Mar 25, 2013
Not many people running BC in a LCR so looking forward to see how they handle! Depends on your budget but id recommend get good coilovers. Ive a set of JOM in my daily cupra 180, not the most comfortable but they do the job

Richie29

Nov 1, 2014
Harrogate
I've had joms in 4-5 pairs of joms in previous cars I love them as the cheap and I find them comfy!!! I mean for £200 I can't go wrong really!! Just fancied a change lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.