Plastic in crankcase

scottbmxer

Apr 15, 2014
High Wycombe
I was doing my catch can yesterday and when I took the crankcase breather pipe off a bit of plastic came off the end as it was soo brittle! I know its a common problem and they always snap! Ive ordered a new one but was wondering shall I leave it in there and hope it filters through?

scottbmxer

Apr 15, 2014
High Wycombe
Drop the sump off and fish it out. Clean oil pick up pipe while in there. Worth it for peace of mind for a couple of hours work max.
Tbh I was planning on doing the oil pickup in a month or so as it would need a service then and I want to change the leaky valve tensioner gasket first! Think it would be ok to leave it until then?

Bouncerbeater

Old enough to know better
Mar 15, 2013
Gloucestershire
Tbh I was planning on doing the oil pickup in a month or so as it would need a service then and I want to change the leaky valve tensioner gasket first! Think it would be ok to leave it until then?

Probably would but I personally wouldn't want to leave it, just in case. You'd be kicking yourself if it actually did any damage.

Hb69

Jul 16, 2011
Kent
The contents of my sump after breaking the dipstick tube

IMG_20150118_135509.jpg

I'd do it sooner rather than later personally

scottbmxer

Apr 15, 2014
High Wycombe
Managed to fish the small bits of plastic tube out with a chopstick and grease on the end! All looks clean and seems to be fine!! Ill get the sump off and put a new oil pickup on in a week or 2 :)

Thanks all!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.