Sean's black LCR. Soon to be stage 2

Sean886

May 15, 2014
I dropped the subframe. Its only about 6-8 bolts. And then strip it all down of the car. Had it done in an evening between 2 of us.

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad someone is reading this wip at least lol!!

JackoFR

Jan 14, 2015
Manchester
I'll definitely be keeping an eye out mate, only just got my first seat so it's always good to see where people start and grab some ideas if possible. Looks like you're ploughing a fair old amount of time and cashola!

scottbmxer

Apr 15, 2014
High Wycombe
So the last few evenings I have been fitting my rather large toyosports fmic.

Didnt manage to keep the fogs. But heyho, they were **** anyway!!

Also fitted my new steering wheel. Which i absolutley love!

Also got round to a Honda s2000 air filter. Which barely sits in the heatshield its so massive!

As well as a head unit, a boost gauge, some red hoses and renewed a few jubilee clips!

I love that steering wheel sean!! :) Scottylcr

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Jan 30.. Payday!!

Nah I'm taking a drive to r tech. Its only an hour from me and from what Ive heard id rather go to Niki.

Be interesting to see what you get as you have prey much the same mods as mine!

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
R tech seem to be well thought of, I have faith in Bill as he did a good job on my tdi considering it's niggles. We'll have to compare printouts once mine is done, because they are pretty much the same mods. How many miles is yours on?

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Got my coils and sparks changed last week.

Also fitted a debaffled polished charge pipe and gave the rocker a quick polish. Needs a lot more work to get a decent shine but happy with it so far!

Also got myself a machine polisher and gave the car a pass. So so so happy with the outcome. Can't wait to sort it out more and put some time into it!

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Been having problems with boost.

Got the car scanned. N75 short to ground.

Checked over the wiring and found the n249 valve had got hot and slightly melted. Chopped it out and fitted a 2watt 330 ohm resistor... Cleared the code started up and it came straight back on. Unplugged the n75, cleaned it up withgh some lek-clean and refitted it. Cleared the code, started up and straight back on again. Final choice was to unplug it and see if i got a different code. Nope, same one. Ordered one from Seat (£86 *******ing quid!!) That should turn up thursday, which gives me the evening to fit it and make sure that clears the fault. Otherwise it throws my stage 2 map with niki right out the window the following day!

Does anyone have any ideas as to what else it could be?

Sean886

May 15, 2014
So, 90 quid and the wrong valve (got sent a n249) we found out (after spending 3 hours stripping and inspecting loom) that a fuse had blown!

Que massive facepalms!! Military techies eh!!

Anyway. its now 2330 and im bouncing of the walls. GoPro is set up ready to roll, satnav is set up with the route. Fuel and maccies stop programmed into it!

Wish me luck!

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Luckily it was only an hour away.

The car isnt getting mapped. I have a few problems with it at the moment....

Mainly a blowing manifold, i have ordered an uprated better flowing manifold and my TIP is no good. I thought the one i had was good but it isnt! So ive ordered a new one of them too...£450 later....

Also need some breather pipes as some of mine have collapsed.

While im at it im changing the fuel filter and replacing all the jubilees to hold the boost.

Niki couldnt have been anymore help and im glad i went to a proper tuner and not some big company who would have just been intrested in the insides of my wallet

I reckon i'll be at a stage to get the map booked in again in 3-5 weeks.

Sean886

May 15, 2014
So bills v2.2 tip was bought, along with his gen2 manifold.

I should have them in a fortnight. Still debating over porting my hotside or not...

I have ordered apex -30 springs from ECP just need to pick those up, paid 56 quid for um!

I'm also strongly debating going for a forge set up now.

I need to price everything up, money isn't really an issue. The issue is timescale a d logistics! I'm booked in for my map 14th march. Playing with the internals isn't something I want to attempt myself purely for the safety net and knowledge a 'pro' brings.

If I was to take the plunge I'd want it done properly and have everything possible renewed or replaced.

What would you do in my situation?

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.