Door rattles

Oliverr

Oct 27, 2014
Are most garages on the ball with repairing this yet?
Had my car looked at twice now and they still haven't found the fault causing both the doors to rattle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Are most garages on the ball with repairing this yet?
Had my car looked at twice now and they still haven't found the fault causing both the doors to rattle...

I adjusted my door (to close a little tighter) and it cured a minor rattle. Also the dealer MUST replace ALL the clips when carrying out the repair.

Slipps

Northern Sassenach
Jan 17, 2015
Durham
They struggled with my FR after replacing the clips it still rattled and they even blamed the treble levels on the sound system, I stopped caring at that point as I'd traded it in for a Cupra (That doesn't rattle!) :)

A shame though the door rattles spoilt what was a cracking car the joys of buying a new model I guess.

Oliverr

Oct 27, 2014
Was that a courtesy upgrade due to the rattle? ;)

Need to get this fixed as I practically live in my car and it's doing my head in

dimucci

Oct 23, 2014
There is a slight rattle from the upper section of the door trim on my FR150's driver's door - above the strip lighting. If I exert pressure with my elbow whilst driving, the rattle stops.

Oliverr

Oct 27, 2014
I've got a completely new driving style since getting my Leon too, it involves one elbow with constant pressure on the door panel...

Peter W

Aug 8, 2014
Larne, County Antrim
There is a slight rattle from the upper section of the door trim on my FR150's driver's door - above the strip lighting. If I exert pressure with my elbow whilst driving, the rattle stops.
I've got the same car, and the same solution to the rattle. The elbow. Might try the Blu tack squeezed inbetween the panel and door with a credit card like someone has sugested on here....

Oliverr

Oct 27, 2014
Am I the only one who gets a little annoyed that it's a common issue yet seat have no awareness/fix?

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
Rattling of the doors is a general problem. Solution is not very difficult. Firstly; rip off the door trim. Then make a good isolation to noisy parts. And then change broken clips and lastly install the door trim. Everything is okay then. No rattling, no sound problems. To be calm and patient has the most critical role while doing this. Here are the some example pictures. I found them from a user who did this job before. He did a very good workmanship. Thanks to his labor.

mrgBr1.jpg

EzWoz8.jpg

ay8Wy5.jpg

Yj80jl.jpg

89WB9Q.jpg

D8WZ86.jpg

Oliverr

Oct 27, 2014
Were they aware of a common issue when you asked them?

Julian1977

Jan 28, 2015
I have them too :(

I wonder how the FR compare to other cars. This is only my second car I ever had so I can't speak from experience but the first car, a Corolla, was much better although it didn't have such a firm suspension and 18" wheels.

I also had a vibration on the left hand side of the central console where the two plastic seem to overlap. I got rid of it by inserting ... wait for it ... laminate underlay.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
Letchworth Autoway fixed my door rattle/buzz, and also fixed the rattle from the sunroof blind, which only sounded when it was wound fully back.
All gone now - very pleased.
wasn't keen on the Mii courtesy car, but it WAS free....:)

Oliverr

Oct 27, 2014
Car wen't in today for a 'fix', however, just had a call from the service team saying they diagnosed this issue as a packet of mints in the glove box :censored:
The mints only went in this morning, so I know it's not them..

How can I get the garage to understand there is a fix and what they need to do, the issues and this service is making me regret going SEAT slightly...

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
The mints only went in this morning, so I know it's not them

Tell them that above, or take a fitter out in the car. If they fob you off start kicking off politely, it works for me.

Last edited:

Oliverr

Oct 27, 2014
Tell them that above, or take a fitter out in the car. If they fob you off start kicking off politely, it works for me.

I have tried to, sods law that it doesn't do it when the tech is sat in the car though.. :(

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
Great isn't it…you pay quite a bit for a new car, still in warranty and a dealer network for backup and you end up buying the tools and taking the time to sort out these snags yourself.

I'll never buy another Seat. I'd get rid of mine tomorrow if it could afford to.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise