NewSouth power gasket LC 180

gaz1211

cupra_gaz
Jun 28, 2014
Leicester
Hi guys my question is has anybody here used one of these and your thoughts on performance with the gasket thanks.

gaz1211

cupra_gaz
Jun 28, 2014
Leicester
Hi that isn't the new south one tho is it I'm looking on awesome gti it's just a single gasket made from a *high performance polymer not multiple gaskets as you have shown thanks and is that the spacer gasket also were you have to use the longer Allen bolts?

Last edited:

gaz1211

cupra_gaz
Jun 28, 2014
Leicester
I'm sure they are needed as the thick gasket looks like it's made from teflon and doubt it would resist heat from the head on its own
The gasket I'm looking at getting is different no need for longer bolts so...
I'll try again lol!
Hi guys my question is has anybody here used one of these NewSouth power gaskets and your thoughts on performance with the gasket thank

gaz1211

cupra_gaz
Jun 28, 2014
Leicester
Gives you more power in your 1.8T by reducing the temperature of the incoming air to your engine with an insulating gasket that radically reduces the heat transfer from the cylinder head to the intake manifold. This gives you cooler, denser air for more horsepower and performance from your engine. \r\n\r\nMade from a high performance polymer, PowerGasket™ conducts on average less than 1/500th of the heat of the steel gasket that it replaces. Your intake manifold will stay 30-50° F cooler and your incoming air will stay 20-30° F cooler. \r\n\r\nCooler air, denser air, means more oxygen. Your engine sensors register these changes and will inject more fuel to give you more power. Cooler air also reduces detonation, so you can turn up the boost or advance your engine timing for even more performance gains. \r\n\r\nPowerGasket™ has been designed for affordability, easy installation and no disruption to your manifold attachment and engine accessories. This means that you can simply swap your old intake manifold gasket for a PowerGasket. No buying longer bolts or installing multiple gaskets. In less than 2 hours, you will be enjoying a more powerful, better performing ride.

gaz1211

cupra_gaz
Jun 28, 2014
Leicester
pg2.jpg

Bouncerbeater

Old enough to know better
Mar 15, 2013
Gloucestershire
Id like to see the actual proof in back to back logs/dyno etc that this product actually gives the figures they say. My guess is there isn't any.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
I'm using the NewSouth gasket. Its half as thick as the one above.

Does it do anything? Well god knows, but its well made and works well as a gasket !

gaz1211

cupra_gaz
Jun 28, 2014
Leicester
Nice one guys I'm going to purchase as need to replace mine anyway so will update if I find any notice changes also have full ross tech vcds coming today so will do a before and after with it and post the results

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.