What did you and your MK2 do today?

Matt cla

Jul 9, 2014
Nottingham
I love the look on that headunit sitting flush sets it off nice. Where did you buy the unit and fascia from please mate?

Cheers mate. I'm happy with it so far! Only been on a short trip to the gym since i installed it, so haven't really used on of its feature.

The unit was from Ebay- VW android 4.4.
They have pretty much only just come out i think. Delivered from China in just 8 days!

The fascia is the same from the original, it only just fits. I think the bottom of this unit is slightly wider so i've had to slightly stretch it over. It does fit plush but it's not 100%.

Matt cla

Jul 9, 2014
Nottingham
[B)] very nice Matt I like it was it hard to fit?

Fairly easy to fit. Only problem was fitting all the cables and wires in behind the unit! If it wasn't for the amount of wires (canbus box, usb, gps) it would have been a 10 minute job.

Had to remove the climate controls and vent to feed the cables up to be stored in that section above the actual stereo.

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Locky: there is a miltek in the for sale section.

Cheers Graham - you mean from the cupra going back to stock post by dmkay_80? If so thats where I got the diffuser from :) I did think long and hard about taking the Miltek too, but I really want to go the powervalve route when budget allows, which will mostly be when I need a new exhaust.

In other less expensive news my stubby ariel arrived today. And thats something I can actually fit for less than 1400 sheets :) cheers to kebabwarrior for the heads up on that.

Would have fitted it tonight but was having too much fun with an Oculus Rift playing Assetto Corsa doing laps of Spa in a Mk3 Leon SuperCup with my boss :)

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Cracking result, seen similar posted on Facebook from others running APR/Revo 2+ and the TTE420.
Still amazes me how versatile the MED9 ECU is, that it can adapt so well to a larger/Hybrid turbo.

Don't suppose you asked for an overlay of the lines from your previous runs there on the original K04? Would be handy to see gains across the RPM range rather than focus on the peak numbers

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
Cleaned the inside for the first time in about a month was horrible. Used a nail bush, some brisk and warm water and gave all the seats a proper clean after vacuuming it out. The water was nearly black after. Concluded I hate winter, and won't be allowing the dog in the car again!

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Cheers Graham - you mean from the cupra going back to stock post by dmkay_80? If so thats where I got the diffuser from :) I did think long and hard about taking the Miltek too, but I really want to go the powervalve route when budget allows, which will mostly be when I need a new exhaust.

In other less expensive news my stubby ariel arrived today. And thats something I can actually fit for less than 1400 sheets :) cheers to kebabwarrior for the heads up on that.

Would have fitted it tonight but was having too much fun with an Oculus Rift playing Assetto Corsa doing laps of Spa in a Mk3 Leon SuperCup with my boss :)

Glad to see your ariel arrived mate credit to Simon (toosmiles).Who originally pointed me in the right direction for this wee mod. :)

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Well and truly overdue proper going over done today.

Rinsed off, snowfoamed, rinsed off, hand washed (2 bucket method), rinsed off, dried, layed down a coat of polish, tyres dressed, interior hoovered out & trim dressed.

Knackered!

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Ive just noticed BCS have a sale on.....

No way am I telling the mk2 about it, otherwise she will just talk me into buying it... saying things like '.....you've already got the diffuser.....go on.......do it....do it now......sale wont be on forever....'

Good job im not drunk tonight!

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Ive just noticed BCS have a sale on.....

No way am I telling the mk2 about it, otherwise she will just talk me into buying it... saying things like '.....you've already got the diffuser.....go on.......do it....do it now......sale wont be on forever....'

Good job im not drunk tonight!

Ha ha I've just told her for you she is very excited lol get one purchased or she'll be in a mood with you :D

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Ha ha I've just told her for you she is very excited lol get one purchased or she'll be in a mood with you :D

I am seriously considering it. Or at least giving them a call to see whats what, if I need to go St Helens for fitting.
Looking at the Cupra R systems its hard to tell them apart lol apart from name and price.

Do I want the ceramic tips...? Heat wrapping etc lol.

Hey Craig, im not totally convinced at the quality of that stubby. The insert looks like it has some splinters coming away and the finish along the edges is very rough. At first I thought it was a plastic protection wrap but it seems that little bits of the insert are flaking off :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise